• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

worried and anxious right now, please help

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

where are me and mum going to live
whats going to happen to my cat
worried mum is going to commit suicide
worried that i will loose my job
im worried things are going to get much worse

im just worried and very anxious at the moment

i dont want drugs to help me i want to know other ways to help my anxiety and worries

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
The drugs will help til you get closure regards your is it step dad. Do you and your mum share a home? Ive seen your posts around but don't know the whole story sorry. Have you tried citizens advice? They can help with houseing and maybe set you up with a cheap councellor to help reassure you with some of your worries?

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

Idk, are you looking for ways not to worry as much or are you looking for concrete advice re your worries, if you know what i mean.

If you are looking for ways not to worry as much i remember a thread to which you actually put some good info on mindfulness on. You could try that?

If you looking for concrete advice not to worry as much, you could write a list of your worries and try and write down options to try and sort them

Sorry if i not helping

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

The drugs will help til you get closure regards your is it step dad. Do you and your mum share a home? Ive seen your posts around but don't know the whole story sorry. Have you tried citizens advice? They can help with houseing and maybe set you up with a cheap councellor to help reassure you with some of your worries?
mum has her house that is in my stepdads name and i have a 1 bedroom flat, the house is a housing association so is my flat but if mum lives with me my benefits stop and im not back at work yet and when i do go back it will be a phased return... perhaps citazens advice could help thanks xx

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Idk, are you looking for ways not to worry as much or are you looking for concrete advice re your worries, if you know what i mean.

If you are looking for ways not to worry as much i remember a thread to which you actually put some good info on mindfulness on. You could try that?

If you looking for concrete advice not to worry as much, you could write a list of your worries and try and write down options to try and sort them

Sorry if i not helping
thanks scaredcat i will try and use mindfulness again and hope it helps as it did in the past

you are helping xxxx :hug:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think there's some statistic that says 80-90% of things we worry about never happen..
I can relate to what you might be experiencing. I'm full of anxiety and fear at the moment due to the situation going on with my family.. obviously it's different circumstances, but I totally understand the worrying is enough to drive you up the wall.
Try to keep that fact in mind and know that your worst fears are very unlikely to happen.

Am sorry that I can't say anything more helpful. Sending love though. :hug1:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

I think there's some statistic that says 80-90% of things we worry about never happen..
I can relate to what you might be experiencing. I'm full of anxiety and fear at the moment due to the situation going on with my family.. obviously it's different circumstances, but I totally understand the worrying is enough to drive you up the wall.
Try to keep that fact in mind and know that your worst fears are very unlikely to happen.

Am sorry that I can't say anything more helpful. Sending love though. :hug1:
Thanks ss xxx I got to try and think more positively maybe he will get sent to prison xxx

Q

Quickduck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Try focusing on only one thing at a time Judazz; if we think of everything all at once it's easy to become overwhelmed; T.e.d.d.y told me that and I think it's very good advice. I'd also suggest thinking about whether the thing you're worried about is actually something you can control; if it isn't then there's nothing you can do about it, what will happen will happen anyway and so there's no need to feel responsible. I remember a quote by Mark Twain "I*am an old man*and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."*which is what SS is saying I think and she's right. Our worries are what we imagine will happen, not what will actually happen. I'd also try focusing on the present, what you're doing now, which is posting here, perhaps sitting with a drink etc. You are warm and safe right now at this very moment, enjoy that, appreciate it and try and let tomorrow take care of itself if you can. :hug:

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Try focusing on only one thing at a time Judazz; if we think of everything all at once it's easy to become overwhelmed; T.e.d.d.y told me that and I think it's very good advice. I'd also suggest thinking about whether the thing you're worried about is actually something you can control; if it isn't then there's nothing you can do about it, what will happen will happen anyway and so there's no need to feel responsible. I remember a quote by Mark Twain "I*am an old man*and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened."*which is what SS is saying I think and she's right. Our worries are what we imagine will happen, not what will actually happen. I'd also try focusing on the present, what you're doing now, which is posting here, perhaps sitting with a drink etc. You are warm and safe right now at this very moment, enjoy that, appreciate it and try and let tomorrow take care of itself if you can. :hug:
Thanks so much ducky :hug: xxxx

tabbykitten

tabbykitten

Judazz, with the worrying, try not to get caught up in an awful spiral about things that might not happen.
I had an idea that your step dad was going to take the car and let your mum have the property. Not that simple I know if it all involves a change of owner name

One thing that might help. Ask Citizens Advice about the availability of free advice sessions with a solicitor. If you can get a session, go in with a list of questions about where you stand on the whole thing. Family and I had a session like that when my husband died and it really was worth the time spent.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

Judazz, with the worrying, try not to get caught up in an awful spiral about things that might not happen.
I had an idea that your step dad was going to take the car and let your mum have the property. Not that simple I know if it all involves a change of owner name

One thing that might help. Ask Citizens Advice about the availability of free advice sessions with a solicitor. If you can get a session, go in with a list of questions about where you stand on the whole thing. Family and I had a session like that when my husband died and it really was worth the time spent.
Thanks tabs xxx

C

cally75

Don't think about the big picture. There's nothing to fear but fear itself. Deal with one thing at a time