• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worried about sadness

M

Mad Chick

Today has really got to me. Infact it is a knock on from the weekend really. You see I feel really sad because I have so few friends. I ended up going to the cinema on my own because I had no one else to ask.
My husband and I hardly ever want to see the same things even on TV let alone at the cinema and he was busy anyway.
I know in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to moan about but I hate the fact that although I have work colleagues I have only two people I call friends. One is my husband's cousin and one my sister-in-law who lives 200 miles away.
I just want a few friends I can see for coffee and in the evenings sometimes rather than being lonely. Just because I'm married does NOT mean I'm not lonely.
What's wrong with me that I cant get friends like everyone else. Help cos its really getting me down and making me want to cry and drink.

D

DELATEXT

Friends

Hi, i assume you're not working ??
How about trying some voluntary work to get involved with people and maybe meet new friends ???
I did this and i enjoyed it and met some great friends.
Health permitting that is, being lonely is terrible, hope this helps a little ??

:):)

S

shell

Today has really got to me. Infact it is a knock on from the weekend really. You see I feel really sad because I have so few friends. I ended up going to the cinema on my own because I had no one else to ask.
My husband and I hardly ever want to see the same things even on TV let alone at the cinema and he was busy anyway.
I know in the grand scheme of things I have nothing to moan about but I hate the fact that although I have work colleagues I have only two people I call friends. One is my husband's cousin and one my sister-in-law who lives 200 miles away.
I just want a few friends I can see for coffee and in the evenings sometimes rather than being lonely. Just because I'm married does NOT mean I'm not lonely.
What's wrong with me that I cant get friends like everyone else. Help cos its really getting me down and making me want to cry and drink.
I know how you feel its horrible. People I work with I have nothing to do with outside work. I have no friends apart from one and I hardly ever see her. My husband left the army and all the friends I did have are in different parts of the country. Its really hard I have just found out I'm bipolar 2 so stuck at home noone to talk to its horrible , I could be dead in this house and noone would know if my hubby wasn't here :(. I'm not well enough to join any clubs yet because of the depression hopefully when I'm better I can. Its so hard being lonley. :hug:

D

DELATEXT

Hi

Sorry to hear you're to unwell to join any clubs etc ??
could your Doctor inform you about any of the mental health charities who could provide support to you ??

:):grouphug:

dib4uk

dib4uk

Awww hon i know how you feel i often go to the cinema on my own sometimes its realy lovely at other times i wish i was with people... I do have friends but i seldomly go out with my friends and some of htem dont really know how things are for me.

Have you tried going to a support group to help you wiht your isolation problems?

A

Adi01

I think this is probably something that effects alot of people with depression. Isolation and lonliness can rip you apart. I think you are actually brave going to the pics by yourself i couldnt do it. Like many i have work friends but see none out of work. I come home, shut the door and say goodnight to another day.

The voluntary work is a good idea sadly when you are in a rut motivation is nil and sometimes you just wish to hide.

T

TOONAFISH

i have a 3 friends who i am close with. one is my sister and we fight a lot. the rest of the people i know are aquintances and i like them all, but i wouldnt feel comfortable phoning them if i was low for example. i just hide from them all. i feel lonley alot.

i did volunteer work just a couple of hours a week and i really enjoyed it. gives you another interest. i know it is hard to do when depressed. i gave myself a few months to get back on my feet before starting it.

i wish this site had a chat room cause it would be fine when we were all having a lonley day x

M

Mad Chick

I'm still worried about sadness, but not feeling so low as the other day.
The last 7 days have been really hard, I've felt so angry and sad, but I think I may be coming out the other side of it now.
Yes it would be very good if we had a chat room on this site, not that I've ever been on a chat room site before so I wouldnt have a clue what to do!!!
On the area of this site called something like recovery, therapies etc I wrote a bit about what happened to me and explained that I have to work so I dont have time to do any volentary work, but I used to belong to an amateur musical society a year and a half ago and we put on a couple of musical productions which I loved. That group unfortunately folded and I was left feeling bereft because I loved being part of that group.
[email protected] going to try and find another group like that to join if I can and if they'll have me!!!
I wrote a lot of poetry a few years ago too and I'm getting all that typed on to the computer cos although its all printed out I never saved anything when we changed computers so I've only got one copy of each poem!!!