• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

worried about my BF x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

i so struggle when he is going through depressive phase
is it wrong i find it easier when he is manic?
i just want to help and feel useless x

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
My family prefer me depressed :)
He needs a good meal and a walk every day. The medication will help with the rest.
I just like people to leave me to rest, remind me of my hobbies, and not make lots of noise or keep asking me how i am ;)
Long conversations are annoying too.

W

WhatIsNext

You may not be able to fix his entire world, so to speak, but I guarantee you that his world is better with you than without, and that can be help enough. This could be as simple as sitting beside him and saying, "I care about you a lot, and anything you need, you tell me and I'm there for you". It may turn out that's all he needs to get through this. Bottom line is: you're so far from useless you should forget that word exists.

Stay strong.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
It's hard caring for another Lu, I'm sure UH knows how much you love him.
Come on here when your struggling, let us help you.
Hugs

N

natalie

Hi Lu,

I would maybe try to talk it ou t with him, and learn whether there is something going on causing the depressive phrase. Might just be the weather, i know how i get, with my trait of bipolar, one minute I am my happer self, the next, in time, I'm low and irritible as a example.

i would just be there to be by him, and if he volunt eers any info, you're there to listen and to hopefully help h im out if you could.

I am single, and linked along to my strong mutual admirer, i know that's what I would do with mine to be.

Try to relax, and have a good hopeful evening.

Best regards to both.

Wishbone

Wishbone

I know that I shut down almost completely when I'm in a bad depressive episode and I know that the things I should do, would help, I just lose the motivation and the will to want things to change because it seems pointless to try. It's almost like you fall out of love with life and the world itself so nothing seems worth it. If I had someone to lean on then I would likely feel very thankful for simply being encouraged to get out for a walk each day. The problem is not wanting to be seen by others when like that, so suggesting walks in very isolated places could be an idea to help move him out of it in future. Getting daylight is important and at this time of year with the low winter sun creeping in, the mornings can be very uplifting and it also counters sleeping in too much, so I'd aim for that.

K

Kobe

Hi Lu,

What happens to your BF when he goes through a depressive phase? My GF is going through one now and since I'm new to all this I don't know what to do.

I feel more than useless, I feel invisible, which probably hurts more than being hated.
I would love to know your experiences and how you (or him) deals with this situation.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Hi Lu,

What happens to your BF when he goes through a depressive phase? My GF is going through one now and since I'm new to all this I don't know what to do.

I feel more than useless, I feel invisible, which probably hurts more than being hated.
I would love to know your experiences and how you (or him) deals with this situation.
i know how you feel ,i feel helpless when he is in a depressive phase ,basically he sleeps a lot ,doesn't get dressed ,is so sad and tires and can be irritable ,i have learned to give him space ,reassure him often and just be there for him
it is very hard ,i will try and post a link to help you later
love Lu x