• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worried about girlfriend

I

iameric

Both my girlfriend and I are about 20 years old and both in college, being in college we've done some experimenting with drugs. A while back my girlfriend and I took shrooms, longs story short she had a really bad trip ended up getting arrested and thrown in the drunk tank. Since then she's been having these disillusion thoughts that me and all my friends are in a cult to conspire against her, she brought it up after she got back from the police station about how she thought the police, paramedics, firefighters, my friends, myself and everybody else was scheming against her. She was convinced that she didn't actually go to a real jail and everything was scripted and everybody was working against her.
Now I haven't heard anything about it for a while, last night we took some x (i know i know it's dangerous but I'd rather just get help with the problem at hand). we don't do drugs a lot (besides smoking) and maybe a few times a year but that's it. anyways last night after she was coming down from her roll she started telling me about how she thinks everybody is in a cult working.
I'm not even sure that this is the right place to be posting this but if somebody could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
PS she only seems to act like this or says anything about it when she's on a drug, or coming down from it; other wise there's nothing iffy about her mentally at all.

connect

connect

Admin
Hi iameric :welcome:,
are you saying she only has these delusions while on drugs or coming down from them? sorry, just wanted to clarify...

I

iameric

she only talks about it and i'm pretty sure the only time she thinks about it is when she's on something she should be on. When she's sober she's fine and dandy but ever since that shroom trip I think her world has sort of been rocked. Is it possible to have a traumatic event spark a disorder of some sort?

lucid scream

lucid scream

she only talks about it and i'm pretty sure the only time she thinks about it is when she's on something she should be on. When she's sober she's fine and dandy but ever since that shroom trip I think her world has sort of been rocked. Is it possible to have a traumatic event spark a disorder of some sort?
its possible. but if she's fine when she's sober, i'd say her delusions are an effect of the drug. maybe she should stop using them? i'm not one to talk, but.............she should just stop now.

connect

connect

Admin
Have a look at this page from MIND:

http://www.mind.org.uk/Information/...ychological+effects+of+street+drugs.htm#drugs
(the section on LSD also convers magic mushrooms).

I think the biggest favour you could do your girlfriend is not to use drugs (or at the very least not to use them while she is around - I think it would be very difficult for her to say "no" when everyone else around her is doing them).

You're saying that since the shroom experience, "her world has sort of been rocked". Has she talked to you about what she's been going through? If she is experiencing lasting effects and wants some help with these, there may be lots of avenues available to her (e.g. counselling).

I

iameric

yeah i agree, we're not really the drugee type, i've only experimented with a few (shrooms, x, weed) and I'd say im well experienced with them but I space it out and take everything in moderation.
Ever since the trip I was thinking we should just lay low and stay cool and we did for a while and last night was the first time since her bad trip, and she was mentioning the plan against her. I guess it is the drugs, I don't like seeing her like that so I guess we'll have to lay off everything but the pot. thanks for your help. i was rly worried abt my gf and now I atleast feel a bit better.

A

Apotheosis

like that so I guess we'll have to lay off everything but the pot.
I used cannabis for some 17 years - I also took a lot of street drugs. Cannabis was about the worst for my head & I used to take mushrooms, E's, Amphetamine, Ketamine, LSD, everything really. Honestly; if she is affected in this way; cannabis is not something that will just chill her out, quite the opposite in fact.

L

leanne

Hi there, reading what you have wrote i would say it's just that your girlfriend can't handle taking drugs as she obviously gets very paranoid thoughts, i have exsperimented with drugs myself, and me and my partner have packed it all in as my partner has a stutter and when he takes drugs his usual good talking turns into not been able to say a word, if your partner maybe has slightly paranoid thoughts in everyday life that she can contol, taking drugs will enhance her paranioa..
take care..