• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

Worried about friend

S

Starbright

I'm worried about my friend. I don't know her diagnosis, she is very private and hates to share it, but her cat is dying and I'm scared she's going to overdose when it does. I'm keeping in touch but she just wants to be at home with it. She won't want me to keep ringing or anything. There's very little I can do.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Hi Starbright,

I'm sorry about your friend and her cat,it must be worrying for you but I think that the best thing you can do right now is to just make sure you are there for her if and when this happens.

:hug:

S

Starbright

Thanks, Yakusa, I appreciate your interest. I will just have to wait and deal with whatever happens when it happens. It doesn't help that my family member is being difficult too at the moment (while thinking that his anxiety and irritation is my fault!) We have a hell of a history of him getting cross with me for no reason and then trying to blame me for it, to the point of bad bullying when I spend too much time in his company. I'm all of a tizz about the phone call he made me at 10am today (thank God I was up and not asleep or I would have felt at a disadvantage). Seems this weekend is not going to be good, with me waiting for my friend's cat to die and wanting to help my friend and with him being difficult and claiming that I was arguing with him when I wasn't. Oh blimey. What a weekend this is going to be. I have to see him tomorrow too. Oh blimey. Just make myself as peaceful as I can today and then get through tomorrow as best I can.

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Look after yourself Starbright, I hope the weekend isn't too bad.:hug:

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Like you say,keeping yourself as calm as possible will be helpful Starbright.

Is there anyway you could email or even write to your friend? Maybe that would be a more 'subtle' approach without too many comebacks for yourself?

I hope your weekend turns out to be okay (y)

S

Starbright

Thanks, I've calmed down since I wrote that. If he starts, I'm going to stay peaceful and imagine myself where I'm going on holiday soon and then when I come home I'll put him out of my mind and come on the internet.

yakuza

yakuza

Founding Member
Enjoy your holiday Starbright (y)