• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Worried about crackling noise in throat!

M

MistahJ92

Hello everyone. This is my first post. So basically, the story is this- I regret to say that I smoke a lot of pot to deal with my anxiety. It’s been like this ever since Trump was elected and events in the world became crazier and crazier. Politics in my house are nonstop, so I smoke every few hours to try and get my mind off things. Last night I ran out of pot and my dealer had none, so I took a pinch from my stepfather. Ever since coming inside from my smoke, I’ve been experiencing a weird crackling noise in my throat whenever I move around. Some mucus too. I can breathe and swallow fine, but this crackling has me seriously worried that I’ve permanently damaged my lungs. I want to quit, but I just get so angry. But this was my wake up call. I just hope it’s not too late. I’ve spoken to several people about my current issue, but no one has heard of it. I don’t want to go to urgent care due to the coronavirus pandemic.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Sounds like maybe you may have been a bit allergic to your stepdads weed.

Maybe the crackling noise is just your mucus along with wheezing.

I have asthma and that's how it sounds,a crackling noise when I'm congested and wheezy.

I doubt you did permanent damage.

Hugs

M

MistahJ92

Sounds like maybe you may have been a bit allergic to your stepdads weed.

Maybe the crackling noise is just your mucus along with wheezing.

I have asthma and that's how it sounds,a crackling noise when I'm congested and wheezy.

I doubt you did permanent damage.

Hugs
Thanks so much! Your support means so much! It’s been almost a full day and it’s still here. But I’m currently sober and trying to get my mind off it by watching movies. I sometimes notice it a bit when I speak too. No pain or anything. Just annoyance. Hopefully it goes away in a few days. I also can’t help but beat myself up as being greedy. If I hadn’t done this, I’d be, well, worried about something else. It’s been hard for me to eat today due to all the worry.

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

Drink lots of water and other liquids, that should probably help

If it continues maybe a trip to the dr will be beneficial

M

MistahJ92

Drink lots of water and other liquids, that should probably help

If it continues maybe a trip to the dr will be beneficial
I know it would be beneficial. I’ll give it a few more days because at this point in time, the doctor’s office scares me worse than my darkest fears for obvious reasons.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
frisas45 Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7