Workplace Bullying

U

Unabletocope

Hi, I'm feeling depressed due to being shunned, ostracized in work. It started about 5 weeks ago. People started ignoring me, and giving me funny looks. Then they would whisper stuff about me and stop talking when I would enter the room. They stopped saying hello and goodbye and now they are turning on the few people that I actually talk to. Its not just colleagues on my level either. High management are complicit jn this too. Its making me dread EVERY SINGLE DAY of going in. I feel so hopeless and desperate. It simply isn't just a case of "look for a new job" as I'm in no fit state of mind to do that.

R

Ramson bangers

Hi there,
Sorry your having this stress at your work. Sounds like you've had enough. I would ring in sick for work related stress, maybe see your gp about options. You might find when you are ready to return, higher managment will be professional about it, i cant say that will be the case but if not they are breaking the law. If you feel your in no mind to look for another job whilst you recover
then you can get help also. It all starts with seeking help if you need it. Hope this helps

U

Unabletocope

Hi there,
Sorry your having this stress at your work. Sounds like you've had enough. I would ring in sick for work related stress, maybe see your gp about options. You might find when you are ready to return, higher managment will be professional about it, i cant say that will be the case but if not they are breaking the law. If you feel your in no mind to look for another job whilst you recover
then you can get help also. It all starts with seeking help if you need it. Hope this helps
Hi, thanks for replying...unfortunately, management are complicit in it and they are trying to push me out. See the thing is, this girl just does not like me and she has turned people against me and because she is close with upper management, she has turned them against me. I can't confide in my immediate line manager as he is also close to this girl who hates me so I've got nowhere to go...I will go the docs and get signed off but it would cost me a whole months wage which I can't afford... I'm just at the end if my tether and these little clique group of individuals are makim my life hell

R

Ramson bangers

Completly understand. Thats not something anyone wants to walk into everyday. Another thought (and i know its easier said than done) Is to be untouchable. Yes everyone gets upset, but have you noticed that some people are less of a target because they dont show it hurts. If people see an opportunity they will manipulate for thier own sick pleasure and the more you try to understand why, the more they will push you. This happens alot at work as well as school.
The conclusion is there are alot of bad people out there. Either you can avoid them or let them know its wasting thier time. If unsure look at others and notice how they conduct themselves and whether you think its worth hiding your emotions at your place of work.
Work is important for making a living. Thats why emotions are best kept out. Im not saying your in the wrong here. No one should make other peoples lives hell. Give yourself a fresh start somewhere and you will see a difference.

R

Ramson bangers

Most people treat others at work with respect, its like a code. You are all there for the same reason and want to make each others lives as easy as possible. There is an understanding.

U

Unabletocope

Most people treat others at work with respect, its like a code. You are all there for the same reason and want to make each others lives as easy as possible. There is an understanding.
I don't understand your response. I treat everyone with respect and got on with everyone until mid Jan then things changed. I didn't do anything to upset anyone

MeropeneM

MeropeneM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi, I'm feeling depressed due to being shunned, ostracized in work. It started about 5 weeks ago. People started ignoring me, and giving me funny looks. Then they would whisper stuff about me and stop talking when I would enter the room. They stopped saying hello and goodbye and now they are turning on the few people that I actually talk to. Its not just colleagues on my level either. High management are complicit jn this too. Its making me dread EVERY SINGLE DAY of going in. I feel so hopeless and desperate. It simply isn't just a case of "look for a new job" as I'm in no fit state of mind to do that.
Just go to work and do your job, pay attention to work efficiently and not make mistakes. If you continue to be preoccupied with your co-worker's behavior, what they say about you, you need to talk to your doctor about taking an anti-psychotic or increasing its dose. Please do not be paranoid about what happens in your workplace. The thoughts you have are not normal.

Do not ring sick, do not interact with others in a negative manner, be polite and do your job. Get your shit together. You're de-railing there buddy watch out.

U

Unabletocope

Just go to work and do your job, pay attention to work efficiently and not make mistakes. If you continue to be preoccupied with your co-worker's behavior, what they say about you, you need to talk to your doctor about taking an anti-psychotic or increasing its dose. Please do not be paranoid about what happens in your workplace. The thoughts you have are not normal.

Do not ring sick, do not interact with others in a negative manner, be polite and do your job. Get your shit together. You're de-railing there buddy watch out.

All very easy to say. I'm not being paranoid at all and don't take any medication and don't intend to.

R

Ramson bangers

I don't understand your response. I treat everyone with respect and got on with everyone until mid Jan then things changed. I didn't do anything to upset anyone
Not talking about you actually. What i mean is most people just want to get on at work and understand each others boundaries. You could just be in a bad place thats not well managed so people are taking liberties.

MeropeneM

MeropeneM

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Don't do anything stupid. You're still safe because no one knows what's in your head. Don't act on your impulses and work your ass off, that's why you're there.

honeybadger

honeybadger

ACCOUNT CLOSED
First, it's siblings than it's grade school than it's middle school than it's high school than is college than it's work. Who doesn't experience bullying one way or another?

U

Unabletocope

I've had enough. I'm done. She's won. She got her own way. Hope she finds this and is pleased with herself. I will no longer suffer .

L

Lunar Lady

Hey Unabletocope,

:hug: I'm sorry you're going through this.

Don't let this 'she' ruin your life sweetheart - and believe me, your 'she' will probably not feel an ounce of guilt if she read this - bullies often don't recognise their behaviour as being bullying.

Your GP will be entirely sympathetic and well-versed in this. People across the country are suffering from anxiety and depression because of their work atmosphere.

You can legitimately obtain stress leave - and there's nothing management can do about it. The law is on your side - once you are signed off, they'd be foolish to put a foot wrong. Use the time off to heal and consider other options...

and there WILL be other options, believe me. :hug:

Is there somebody in your life to support you right now?

U

Unabletocope

Hey Unabletocope,

:hug: I'm sorry you're going through this.

Don't let this 'she' ruin your life sweetheart - and believe me, your 'she' will probably not feel an ounce of guilt if she read this - bullies often don't recognise their behaviour as being bullying.

Your GP will be entirely sympathetic and well-versed in this. People across the country are suffering from anxiety and depression because of their work atmosphere.

You can legitimately obtain stress leave - and there's nothing management can do about it. The law is on your side - once you are signed off, they'd be foolish to put a foot wrong. Use the time off to heal and consider other options...

and there WILL be other options, believe me. :hug:

Is there somebody in your life to support you right now?
I've had to be signed off now as it was getting beyond a joke. Managent don't seem to care either so I'm expecting to be sacked when I go back. I've got a job interview coming up so hopefully this will be start of good things to come. Its weird how you think the people that would support you would stab you in the back. I was even contemplating ending it all until I got this interview. I still might if I don't get this job.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
My_Second_Chance Depression Forum 4