workplace anxiety

V

velvetvine

My OCD has always been accompanied by a series of facial tics and hair pulling. It's almost like a ritual I have to go through when unwanted thoughts come to my mind. In public I keep it to a minimum or when people are not looking, but sometimes it gets out of control.

Last night at our company's annual dinner I grimaced pretty badly while touching my head and my colleague saw it. She gave me a look which says she was pretty shocked. Now I'm afraid she'll tell this to other people and the whole office will treat me like the mentally ill freak.

What shall I do to calm down?

L

Lizzie1257

All I can say to this Velvetvine is, if your getting funn looks off other people coz of wht you do then their not worth your time and need. :) If it's family that don't know that your doing it, speak to them, I'm sure they'll understand. Their family at the end of the day. :) Also, if your having Anxiety attacks, and this doesn't work for everyone coz it wouldn't for me I'm not gonna lie, but take some time out to read a book, go on the laptop, talk to friends, go out and mix with friends etc..... have u not got some sort of phsychologist or worker that u can talk to about this??

Uglulyx

Uglulyx

Yes if this is becoming an issue I'd confide in a coworker or manager.