• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Worklife and voices.

F

foska

Hi everybody! I'm new here. I speak a little english, sorry for that. ( I just guess how to post a message...)
I'm hearing voices from 7 years ago... But I realised about it 2 years ago due that i had a outbreak. Then I went to the psychiatrist and I tried the medication way. During 1 year I tried 3 different medication, and i felt really bad with the effects of the medication. In that moment i knew the existence of the article "the interior voice" that help me so much... And I was trying to be happy to hear voices saying to myself "at the end I became an expert in something in my life" "I'm an expert hearing voices"... ;P In that moment, in my opinion, I gave an opportunity to the Psychiatry...(I dont like the effects of the medication...) Now i'm not having medication from 1 year ago. So it seemed that i has finished to hear voices, but from 6 months ago i started again with the "intrusives".They are soft now, and not reallly frequent. Recently, I made a decition and I would like to accept the voices. I dont want to deny their existence... I don't know really how to do it...In some cases I know the context where they like to appear...
I started to work last week, and the voices appeared it again. I'm interested to know if someone is working and hearing voices how to manage to lead the worklife. I mean if the voices disturb in the worklife and if is possible to work with their.
Thanks for read me and sorry for my bit of english.

parker

parker

I started to work last week, and the voices appeared it again. I'm interested to know if someone is working and hearing voices how to manage to lead the worklife. I mean if the voices disturb in the worklife and if is possible to work with their.
When my voices first came i ended up losing my job i couldn't handle it. But that job was a nowhere job, i'm thankful i lost it when i did;)

Luckly i went on unemployment for eight months to get things under control. After that it wasn't to bad, a little challenging at times. I think i have a harder time dealing with some of the shit heads and there drama than any voice:)

P.S Welcome aboard!

F

foska

Hi Parker!
Nice to meet you. Thanks to answer my message.
When I had my outbreak 2 years ago, I had to leave my job for 1 year and half. During that time, I tried to incorporated me in my job ones & twices... but I had to give up working because was so difficult for me to lead my job and my alucinations. At the end, they dismissed me from my job. Then I got the dole and I had a lot of time to take care of myself. It was good for me also.
But now I had the opportunity to work again and the job is decent and with good conditions. (So, if I have to work to live, this job could be ok).
Now I'm better than 2 years ago, but I still without control how the voices affect myself.
I'm just trying to accept the voices like a part of myself, like another dimension of myself. Like if myself was formed with differents selfs and they were like an imaginary friends and try to talk with their. And don't let they get me down. I would like to get a good relation with.
I would like to know which strategies use people with the hability to hear voices, how they manage to work when the voices are cruel, unkind and brutal in work context.
When the voices appear when I'm not working I feel better because I have my time to dedicate to myself to stand up again.

Thanks for read me ;P
Have a nice day!

Foska

parker

parker

I would like to know which strategies use people with the hability to hear voices, how they manage to work when the voices are cruel, unkind and brutal in work context.
Hi Foska:)

I have an odd method (may sound insane:() My voice chases every thought of mine (it has to know everything):mad: Anyways I use this as an advantage. I'll think of something (say what i'm going to do next or nice day) in thought then i'll quickly think why did it say that. It immediately respond (in voice) I thought you said that. I call this chasing its tail.

When ever it gets out of line i'll do this, the more you do it the easier it gets. I have to say it gets kinda comical in there. (in my head) It has gotten to where it just backs off.

Well thats my crazy way i'd like to hear how you cope at work?

parker

F

foska

Hi Parker!
Thanks to share your strategy with me.
I absolutly agree with you in this:
"When ever it gets out of line i'll do this, the more you do it the easier it gets".
I think that your method is not "insane" at all, for me is the opposite, my word for your method is "creative" method.
I think creativity and imagination are a good tools for ourselfs. And we have to take advantage of that.
I have a lot of kind of voices, they are like entertainment for myself... I'm not gonna be bored never. ;P
They always appear in a extress context and in relation with people. (Recently, they never appear when I'm alone. I think this happens because I'm introvertive and voices take advantage of my vulnerability. In my opinion, I think "intrusives" are intelligent, directly to our vulnerability.)
My voices always used to paralyse myself, like a shock when they were unkind, terrible for myself.
That's why I wanted to deny my voices.
Now, I want to get on with.
Recently, I'm trying to breath, be calm, think about what they said and their reasons. Then I try to laught. I'm trying to take the voices with irony & parody of myself.
In my opinion, I think irony and parody can be a good tools to confront the voices. Like if they were a imaginary friends that want to joke with me...sometimes I think they have right about what they said of myself & sometimes I said to me that they are wrong. Anyway, I'm trying to laught about myself despite they are really terrible. Really black humor.
So, if I get to share black humor with my voices, they sometimes go down. Like a joke. I'm becoming worse than my voices ;P
I confront better the voices when they appear like if they were from myself than the voices that appear like if they were from another people. In the last situation, I felt worse because I think they have telepathy. I don't like to feel that people know me & even less than they make a value judgement of myself. Anyway, I'm trying the same way in this situation. More black humor.
I don't know if this way is gonna work always. At the moment, I did it few times and in some occasion work.
The main thing that I'm trying to do now is taking out my scare of myself. I'm saying to me: Hey! You are this one too! Don't be scared about yourself! Enjoy it!
I'm curious about it.
I will see!

Sorry Parker, I have problems to express myself & my no-english don't help me. It's a disaster. So difficult for me.

Have a good day or nite! C ye! ;P

F

foska

Hi everybody,
Recenltly, I'm working so much and I'm not in my best moment. Some bad news from my environment that also are affecting myself.
Yes, life is really hard and not just for hear voices...
So, about all I said before in my last post... easy to say and difficult to do... ;P
I hope I will have more time in few days & share a little more my life at work with the "intrusives". Now, I'm feelinng really tired about everything...

All my best for all of you!
See you soon,
FosKa

F

foska

Hi!
I'm not ok... I'm in a hell... Today at work was terrible. I'm feeling conspiracy at work with intrusives from two days ago. Today was the first day that I felt without energy to confront the lovely imaginary friends ;P
I dont know what to do with the conspiracy feelings. My work mates are very nice, but I think they are joking with me.
I'm a little worry about that.
Please I need help!
Thanks millions!
fosKa:confused:

P

Psyche

I have an odd method (may sound insane:() My voice chases every thought of mine (it has to know everything):mad: Anyways I use this as an advantage. I'll think of something (say what i'm going to do next or nice day) in thought then i'll quickly think why did it say that. It immediately respond (in voice) I thought you said that. I call this chasing its tail.
While reading this my voices told me I shouldn't dare try that, because they read it too and would know exactly what I'm up to before I even finished thinking it. :(

I have to say it gets kinda comical in there. (in my head)
Yes luckily mine aren't usually too bad as long as I don't do anything they don't like (like talking more than necessary or making a fool of myself or various other little things), but I do get the occaisional humorous moment now and then. :rolleyes:

F

foska

Hi everybody & Hi Psyche!
Nice to meet you! & Thanks for read me and share with me your strategies.
When the voices appear in different context, not at work, I try different strategies. Even enjoying how I do my best with humour!
The first weeks in my job, I could spend time joking with the voices; they were not too much frequent. But the last days they were increscent.
My case has the particularity that I’ve just heard voices if I’m in a social context like at job. When I’m alone I don’t. ;P (It’s curious, now I’m well because I’m alone at home. But life means to be in contact with the world!)
Yesterday I had to give up working. I was at work a little stressful and then I’ve been abducted for the intrusives... A lot. I couldn’t to continue to attend to the users. I’ve been incapable of persist working. If I’m listening to myself I can’t pay attention to my work mates and the users. So I had to assume that I couldn’t go on with this.
This morning I went to the Health Care & now I’m sick leave.
So, my post of work life and voices seems to end up!
Anyway, I would like to know if someone develops the way to work with the intrusives.
Thank you very much.
I’m not millionaire, I would love it but I don’t. By the way, I have to work.
One solution is pick up the incapacity to work but I think this is difficult to get it and in case you got it I think is not enough money to live with. Also it means give the reason to the psychiatrist system, I mean I will be recognize institutionally that I’m Ill Mental.
I’m not Ill Mental, just different, with the capacity of hear voices.
I would like to know if someone develops the way to work with the intrusives.
I’ve lost this war... But It’s my pitched battle of everyday!

Thanks again Psyque for read me.

Have a nice nite&day for all of you!
fosKa

R

rabina

Hey Foska,

You have not lost this war and you know it.

I'm still here and weak as hell.

Hope, faith in yourself, love for yourself, respect for yourself and inspiration from the strangest places will see you through it.

Warm Wishes and NEVER give up.

rabina

F

foska

Hi Rabina!
Nice to met you. First at all, I would like to say you that I really love your good vibrations & your positivism in general. ;P

Thanks for your comment & wishes. I wish the same for you.

Yes I know that I haven’t lost this War, I just said that about my last intent to work.

I’m a guerrilla!!! I will never give up! Also I'm a little stubburn ;P

All my best for you!

fosKa

T

terri

Hello Foscka

I know we haven't met before, so where are you United States?

I've not had a good day myself today, lots of no one's dropping around all the while and then what happened was I was having a doze on the coach back from Oporto a place I have been to before, so was not really interested in what the tour guide was saying, well what happened was, talk about sparks and fireworks and my brain exploding with relief for a certain friend of owern and what happened was, well I had to nip off pretty quick sharp to the toilet.

And talking about toilet that was something I used to do in the days when I went to work not too long ago, so that I could get out of the way of people, who used to look at me with tome concern should I start barking out loud, as if I would, no of course not, but often people at work would hear things which had not actually come out of my mouth, like the time I was told off by a Senior Manager for talking about 'my bowel's of all things, which was totally untrue, and the person who said I was discussing toilet habits, also told the Senior Manager, that I was talking to myself in the back room, well guess that was true, because you know what I was doing, I was saying the alphabet outloud when I was filing away stock, and you know that it is the easiest way to put your mind into action. Well that particular day, when she hauled me into the office for saying the alphabet, I said to her 'you are a little devil you' in a jokey kind of way, and well talk about what a lot of palavar, but that was before I understood that they had my card marked as being shzitosphrenic, whoops forgotten how to spell it for a moment, and then when I got their written reports about me, how everything fell into place and aren't we the periahs, almost unlike the jews were back in the days of York when they had to commit suicide to escape from the flames of the fire up at the tower, when the inhabitants of Yor rounded them up and had them trapped there. How awful was that then, and what about our Wicky Woo who saw a Cavalier the night he was with his girlfriend and she saw him so we know it was not a real one but one who had been trapped in a time warp, and that reminds me of not just the other night not for nothing, there were maids dancing all in a row and they were wearing costumes from the late 1700's at the time of the Jane Austen novels, and not a Darcy insight, not until........

What fireworks hey, not a lot left around here, so glad you are saying you are a geurella, I hope you go hear the words 'bog off' which I heard the other day at the theme park when the gorilla there was obviously totally cheesed off with all those people pointing their flashing cameras at them an gawping.

Wouldn't you as well? Too right, mmmm I bet.

Take care and welcome to the site,

Yes we are a good crowd here, in fact magnificent, and how we have all supported each other and are going to continue doing now and forever long it takes, to get the system changed, and the human's understanding of us changed, and how we shall come out on top, and I say this Vive la Revolution, and the first to get his head guillotined is not half Simon Mayo for not understanding when I worked with him that I was not half one of the best nee producers ever.

Cherry Werry Berry Serry

Cherry's no unusual no longer x

F

foska

Hello terri!

Really nice to met you! No, I’m not from United States. I’m from Europe. Thanks for the compliment because my English is limited... ;P I’ve had difficult to understand the whole of your post. I hope I got it in your way.

First at all, thanks for your post. You make me feel amazing. I’m finish laughing in the nice way. You have been my hero for tonight!
Thanks to share your experience at work. I really felt myself close to you.

The strategy about the toilette was perfect although I couldn’t do it every 5 minutes, for me was working excellent because when I’m alone the “intrusives” disappear & I had good quality results, to begin again with myself.

Last days at work I was feeling similar to weird insect -metamorphosing-. Yes, sure, like in a thematic park. Moreover, I don’t like cameras. I’m not sure if I got you in this point... (sorry if not).

In my opinion, there are a lot of kinds of fights in this world. Now one more in my life! Trying to do my best.
No more discrimination for being different. (Discrimination involving race, gender, class & a long etc...) The difference is productive. Stop panic about things unknown.
Make this world habitable. For who are treating to be possible, the possibility is a necessity.

...I feel like a possibility... to be myself... always in the borders ... always feeling “exiliums”... there’s nowhere...
I'm gonna create a possibility of myself... I'm gonna be just with myself... making justice to myself or selves... multitude... trying to make my live habitable... becoming myself... My desires are my necessities... accept myself is gonna be a possibility to exist...

Thanks for your reception terri!

Have a good nite&day!

fosKa

T

terri

Hello again Folsko

Re the gorilla I was referring to the animal himself who said the words 'bog off' and his mouth actually moved, when the public at the theme park were taking his photograph and photographs of the other gorillas also.

Ir was an amazing afternoon at Tenerife, and the dolphins were working in perfect syncronization with man. A little boy was plucked out of the audience and he reminded me of the fish being rescued from a boat, and the dolphins pulled himself along, using a rope and then pushed him back to port, and then the little boy leaned forward to kiss the dolphins, and one of the dolphins responded, and there they were, man and mammal, mouth to mouth kissing. I could not help but say Wow, and the noise which the dolphin made was extraordinary.

We are heading back to Port now, up hill all the way to Dover. I have had an amazing couple of weeks, with extraordinary experiences, both on board this vessel and on land, by the power of those voices round me and the visuals and not hallucinations, not at all, I have been experiencing.

Wicky Woo, woooo wooo, chuffa chuffa, how are you. I do hope you are feeling better: my head cold has gone although I woke in the night and thought, oh my goodness, how I wish I had not eaten those 'blue muscles' even though they were declisious, and wht I could not gt my head around was the taste of bacon, which I can taste now also, when I haven't had any on this trip since the first day I arrived. Could it be auto suggestion, mmm, I don't think so, and also there have been a lot of people with sickness, and I have the smell of sick going past my nose and mouth and then the next thing I know I can taste it also. So it gives an idea of how sensitive am I.

Been looking to visit Canada and USA at the back end of September for two weeks more than a fortnight, but can't find anyone to go with, except for no where now, and I am not paying the single rate supplement, it's not fare, having to pay for nearly two when only one person would be going, so watch this pace.

Anyhow, who knows, if you don't try, you never get anywhere. So I will check all options and possibility and then I can have lots more fun with my voices and visuals, and we can all go away on holiday together from now on, just like we had wehn we went over to Slov. Ha Ha, how anyone can't get on with their voices is not beyond me, I've been there, it's been a long haul, but achieved it atlast.

Rabina, hope you are okay, and you Parker too, Cal of course, you've been quiet, hope you haven't been taken over by a plague of spiders, which reminds me of the time when I was covered in metaphorical ants, enormous ones, as though they were coming through from spirit, ha ha, and it just about freaked me out at first, and then I thought, oh well, there's always tomorrow and they will soon be gone, and those spiders which came through my mind eye with their hairy legs, well that was enough to make me go running scared, and that was the day when one made out he was going to bite me, and like I fool I left that bed and he rather disappeared, only to reappear later. No biting that time though, oh well. I wonder where he ended up, who knows, not me these days?

Mr Parker, thankyou for your kind words, and everyone else of course, so now dear Rainbow Elf, where are you, you have not dropped off the edge of the planet now have you.

Oh just before I go, our poor old Dave can hardly lift his head up and cannot walk yet, though dad's still going strong, and when I phoned him last night he said, where are you and when are you back, so I did no more than did not switch off and sent him not at all bad vibes and lots of love and lots of fear's gone for my father now, so those prayers really do work, so now then Amen.

Must now go.

Cherry

F

foska

Hi terri & everybody!

I hope you are having fun travelling. Thanks for replaying me.

I will be taking relax all August & then I will come back at work the 1st of September. I’m gonna try to work again.

I went to my “special” psychiatrist yesterday & we are gonna try a new method to confront the voices... I will see if is gonna work. I’m curious... ;P
Moreover, I will do my best trying to perform my strategies at work.
So, if some of you have some new strategies to share, they are really welcome.

Thanks millions,

Have a good nite&day!

fosKa :D