working

D

ds123

Do schizophrenics have to look for jobs or are they classed severely disabled?

(united kingdom rules).

J

john2054

I don't know about jobs, but i am doing my second academic year at my local university. And that is despite my illness.

zoomz

zoomz

There's a variations between types of schizophrenia and how much it disables, even in the same subtypes two people can vary.
For me work is a bit too much.

O

On Fire

I do work, albeit only part time (around 27 or 28 hours a week), and even that is a struggle quite often. I work in administration.
I used to work full time and it caused my psychosis. I then went back to work full time, and suffered from depression, but I guess the Abilify stopped me from having psychosis again. Now, working part time is much better, although still challenging.

L

lostminty

I get a lot of pressure from friends, family to work. I study instead. I'm on a type of benefit called the invalids benefit (in New Zealand). It essentially is a long term illness benefit that I get re-assessed every 2 years, although if my doctor decided I could get assessed every 5/10/20 years. But then I'm not that unwell these days.

Z

Zheng

Don't Think about Working

For me, it is difficult to see myself in a positive light. Getting a job needs one to present their own character. If you find perspectives of yourself difficult to understand you will find it difficult to let others see you. When you are hearing voices, it flings you with an uncopeable set of responses which creates challenges to your mind by confusing perspectives of yourself. You must overcome this by listening and believing the voices so that it breaks itself. It breaks itself when you see yourself. You can do this easily just keep trying to hear everything and think.

If you have a job keep working, it means you can ignore the voices just keep focusing on the physical activities. When ever a voice comes you should just think nothing and be determined. You need to do simple tasks and different tasks and be always doing something. You can be determined by finding out what you truly do best.

If you don't have a job, it will be too difficult unless you can present your character. So you need to either ignore the voices or break down the voices. You can think about working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vanish Schizophrenia Forum 5
P Schizophrenia Forum 4