Working out and bipolar (TW binge eating)

Sadkittygirl1928

Sadkittygirl1928

So, I only work out when manic and hypomanic. I have gained alot of weight from picking up binge eating and also bipolar meds. I REALLY need to lose weight and also before I was bipolar I loved working out and was very thin. I would like to work out daily again, and push myself to lose weight. BUT everytime I feel this way it means I am manic because the second depression hits or I come down, BOOM no more working out all my progress is gone and I gain the lbs back its such a disappointment to me and everyone around me. I have tried alot, daily gym, home videos, walks, swiming, I love it all and them depression takes it away and I forget I was even working on my body its so weird and a few days roll by next thing I know I am manic again a month later and I havent worked out once.

WELL Im fucking manic again, BIG TIME. Im thinking of working out, like usual I need to and also lose weight. but I am sick and tired of being disappointed that I cant stick to it, and advice? All I can think of so far is raising my BP meds or just not doing it because this cycle is exhausting.

letmein

letmein

SoAll I can think of so far is raising my BP meds or just not doing it because this cycle is exhausting.

if its any help I've lost 1LBS in 12 weeks.. on a "diet" :( its so hard.... zopiclone gives me the munchies late at night..

I'm thiking of trying cabbage soup for 7 days..

Shingle

Shingle

It is ok to start and stop exercise so don't worry about, just do it when you can and when you cannot, do something else like yoga.

Jess96

Jess96

So, I only work out when manic and hypomanic. I have gained alot of weight from picking up binge eating and also bipolar meds. I REALLY need to lose weight and also before I was bipolar I loved working out and was very thin. I would like to work out daily again, and push myself to lose weight. BUT everytime I feel this way it means I am manic because the second depression hits or I come down, BOOM no more working out all my progress is gone and I gain the lbs back its such a disappointment to me and everyone around me. I have tried alot, daily gym, home videos, walks, swiming, I love it all and them depression takes it away and I forget I was even working on my body its so weird and a few days roll by next thing I know I am manic again a month later and I havent worked out once.

WELL Im fucking manic again, BIG TIME. Im thinking of working out, like usual I need to and also lose weight. but I am sick and tired of being disappointed that I cant stick to it, and advice? All I can think of so far is raising my BP meds or just not doing it because this cycle is exhausting.

I really feel for you this sounds like me accept I had bulimia before I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 all I would say is pack healthy snacks for your day so when you get home you don’t binge try not to put to much pressure on loosing weight (I know this is hard) when your feeling low try to go for walks rather than a full work out session this helps me a lot I hope you start to feel better soon xx hugs

Shingle

Shingle

Eating lots of food in one sitting happened to me on some of my medication and i wanted all the wrong foods. Anything that you can graze on that will fill you is good and i used to eat trail mix. Salads with meat or cheese fill me a bit as do smoothies that i have made myself. Oats are filling and you can eat porridge with red berries, heated. Rice pudding without much sugar and maybe with almond milk or skimmed milk can help and if you add nutmeg, it has some flavour. Rice might fill you without the calories and sugar.