• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

WORK

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Well I have an improtant work meeting this afternoon, I am desperate to get back to work but the men in white coats say no at the moment. I just know they are going to start procedings to get rid of me or make me go part time or summat this makes me angry I know I will be fine once I get back to work. Work is my life and one of the few positive things that I have going in my life. Got it of my chest now grrrrrr!:unsure::unsure::cry:

D

Dollit

I know what you mean. My work (albeit unpaid) is hugely important to me. Keeps me grounded in reality.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Well none of the above has been made true.... feel rather stupid now!

S

Starbright

it's ok to worry though, and you let us know that you were worried, and it's ok to have fears too. What did happen at the meeting, if you feel comfortable enough to share it?

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
It's great that your thoughts didn't come to pass!

It's also GREAT that you have work that you really enjoy and can't wait to get back to - this sounds like one of your main goals.

I would say use this as an explicit goal to work towards while you are still poorly.

Talk to all the people that are working with to get you better (including the people at work) tell them that this is your goal and that you want to build your treatment around it. If you have treatment goals that are linked in with your ultimate goal they will be so much more rewarding as you can see how they fit into what you want. Challenge the people working with you to help you craft these goals and get them linked to your big goal.

Just a thought - and you are probably doing it already! Anyway good luck!