• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Work Programme "Harming" MH Sufferers' Chances of Finding Work

N

NervyTwo

Work Programme "Harming" MH Sufferers' Chances of Finding Work

Not sure if this has been covered elsewhere on the forums, but I thought this would be interesting:

Iain Duncan Smith's Work Programme is STOPPING people with mental health issues getting jobs - Mirror Online

Speaking as someone who has been through the Work Programme I can honestly say it was the most stressful, anxiety-ridden two years of my life. I am sure that, far from helping me move closer to the labour market the Work Programme has made me feel more anxious about work than before I started. So thanks a bunch IDS. :yuck:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I think there has been an article like this somewhere, can't recall if it specifically talked about mental health issues though.

I agree with the quote that a CV course just isn't enough to help someone with MH issues into work...
Just don't know if any of this is going to make those at the top do anything differently.:(

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i haven't been on the work programme got straight into support group touchwoood, i would dread the work programme having been on employment training and similat schemes in the past, i think now similar things would give me a breakdown

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
E The Work Programme Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 7
E I've got to go on the Work Programme & I'm not happy about it Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 43
J Work Programme Stress Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
P Getting harassed by the work programme even though I am working Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 14
J What exactly is the 'ESA Work Programme '? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
P Job offer and work programme adviser Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
F Work Programme adviser: ‘Almost every day one of my clients mentioned feeling suicidal’ Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
T ESA Work Programme Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
J Been put on a ''work programme''. What on earth is it? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 12
J ESA Work Programme first appointment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
J ESA Work Programme Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 10
Lillyone Wprk Programme. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 30
G I'm in the Work Programme! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
C ESA WRAG and work programme advice Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
M work programme and esa Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
M work programme induction Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
B Back to work programme & legal issues around it & a whinge Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
cpuusage Sufferers with progressive and mental illnesses have benefits cut by the DWP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 42