• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Work place bullying advice please

I

invisible2014

Hi yesterday I finished l my shift in tears.There are two staff who are so bitchy and bullies together and it really upset me that I don't want to go back because I work in room with them .one of them is really good friends with director but I can't take this awkward atmosphere ive been there seven year's

tabris

tabris

Hello, I'm sorry you're struggling with this. I've dealt with workplace bullies before and they're really the worst since they make it so much harder to focus on something that you may not even like in the first place. I tried to ignore them but it really did affect me. It's not that easy for most people. Are you afraid the director will take the side of one of the bullies?

I

invisible2014

Thank you for replying .I am an nursery assistant so help in the bullies room and one person involved I have known for a while and altho she has an on and off switch things hadn't been as bad as now .the other colleague involved is a new member of staff been there for three months and she's a horrible person so sarcastic moaning nodding her head .I feel I need to report to my line manager afraid my line manager will not take it seriously as it's the deputy manager involved but yesterday I cried when walking home.im currently being asked to help in that room at least three mornings a week :(

tabris

tabris

I think it couldn't hurt to try reporting. It seems like that's the most you can do in this situation. Sometimes reporting things can actually make them worse so I understand why you might be wary. You can't really change those people with the bad attitudes, but this is really hurting you so something needs to be done about it. If it doesn't turn out well, it might be worth looking into leaving. I only say this because I believe no job is more important than your mental health, but I realize that isn't always easy for everyone if they have no other options or are already struggling financially. If you find yourself stuck in this job and nothing is done about the bullies just know that we are always here for you on here.

I

invisible2014

I think it couldn't hurt to try reporting. It seems like that's the most you can do in this situation. Sometimes reporting things can actually make them worse so I understand why you might be wary. You can't really change those people with the bad attitudes, but this is really hurting you so something needs to be done about it. If it doesn't turn out well, it might be worth looking into leaving. I only say this because I believe no job is more important than your mental health, but I realize that isn't always easy for everyone if they have no other options or are already struggling financially. If you find yourself stuck in this job and nothing is done about the bullies just know that we are always here for you on here.
Thank you that means a lot .Ive only started working here again after lockdown but will speak to line manager and tell her how I feel just don't want to be pushed out at same time always worked very hard x

I

invisible2014

Get out of there. Life's too short for this. You have little chance of resolving it if they're friends with the boss.
Thank you I will look for something else.was horrible atmosphere yesterday x

tabris

tabris

Thank you that means a lot .Ive only started working here again after lockdown but will speak to line manager and tell her how I feel just don't want to be pushed out at same time always worked very hard x

I hate how good things can be ruined by bad people, but there's often just no reasoning with them so we just have to work around. Good luck, I hope all goes well for you! :)

hicks

hicks

I just had 6 months of stress working with a troublesome colleague. Transferred to another team and the difference is amazing, everyone on the team is great. Honestly sometimes the best thing you can do is take control of the situation by getting out.

I

invisible2014

Thank you for your advice x

zula77

zula77

I used to be in the same position. A group of girls were awful about me behind my back. Speak to your manager and take it even higher if necessary. It could be a good opportunity to start a new job. Either way good luck, you don't deserve this!

I

invisible2014

Thank you Zula .I've only been back a week and it's unbearable being in that room with them so bitchy.just not sure how to address it to Manager? I left the building and just started crying dreading going in now there so rude and bitchy

I

invisible2014

Hi all I know it's the weekend but I'm feeling so upset and can't stop thinking about them bullies

tabris

tabris

Hi all I know it's the weekend but I'm feeling so upset and can't stop thinking about them bullies

I'm going through something similar to this - not workplace bullies but dealing with constantly thinking about something I don't want to think about. What helps me is distracting myself through watching or viewing things that make me laugh or just make me think about anything other than the thing I don't want to think about. It's not always successful but it's able to relieve the pain for a bit. I'm here for you ❤