• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Work is dragging me down

S

Striker20018

I work for a small family run business; my boss who is also the CEO has been giving me a hard time for the last 5 months. I’m a (relatively) young female (32) and I’ve worked hard to get to where I am. I work hard and the things I do I put in a lot of effort towards. But nothing I do is ever enough. I get nothing but criticism, when he gets frustrated, he phones me shouting down the phone, not allowing me to talk (my partner once overheard a convo and was appalled at how he was talking to me). He asks for one thing, I provide it, he tells me that’s not what he wanted.

If I ask for a brief/something in writing to confirm something, he laughs and says what he tells me to do is so simply it doesn’t call for confirmation. He asks for implications to things, when I find them and tell him, he tells me I’m only ‘throwing obstacles in the way’. He tells me he’s disappointed and that he prints off my emails and shows my colleagues to clarify he isn’t over reacting and I am in fact what he says I am. He talks about me to my colleagues, it’s awful. I’ve had nothing but great reviews, promotions etc in all my places of work. I am nowhere near what he makes me out to be.

My depression is terrible right now, I fight on a daily basis to keep myself afloat, but this is crippling me. I do everything right at work, I document things, I hit all my deadlines. I am at a loss right now, I need my job to pay my bills. But I live daily thinking he is going to just sack me. It’s affecting everything, I don’t eat much, I rarely sleep, I’m down,I have no interest in things, my partner is telling me I’m distant. I feel right now it would just be easier if I sent here, I hate the sinking feeling in my stomach

S

Striker20018

*easier if I wasn’t here

S

Strider123

Looks like this post was from a while ago. I hope you're ok! This sounds like a toxic environment, I would look for another job. X