• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Work/Election/COVID Issues

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

I don’t know what to post, but here goes.

A few months ago I was hired to work as a cashier at a pet store. Everything was going okay I thought until my boyfriend dumped me. That threw me into a tailspin and as I was recovering from that the elections threw me into a near anxiety attack where I acted out at work and on the work group chat.

On top of that I began drawing because it helped me relieve stress. Like a meditation. But I guess I began to make my coworkers feel weird and uncomfortable due to me drawing them. I guess they must have seen it by the registers or something. Not going to draw anymore because of that.

Then I snapped in group chat from the stress and called a coworker trailer trash. A manager closed the group chat so now I’m not really talking to coworkers anymore.

I sent all my coworkers apology texts this past week for my behavior but I feel like I’m being creepy again so I’m just being as quiet as possible toward them and distancing myself. I’m just emotionally numb now (probably my mind doing it out of self defense plus the anti depressants) and bored because COVID and being off work for 4 days in a row.

I guess I have a lot of emotional baggage...

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

Guess I should ask how active this forum is so I can get an idea of what to expect response wise.

F

Flim Flim

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think you are doing well at distancing from your coworkers for now. You also have issues of your own to worry about, this takes time. So i think despite your outburst you shoudnt feel too bad.

Personally i think work and social media are a bad combination. Recipe for disaster.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

It’s kind of complicated though....my ex boyfriend of nearly 3 years callously dumped me. I became a raw emotional mess and then comes a male coworker acting his usual nice self toward me and I like the attention he gives me. Before I knew it I became infatuated. It’s not going to go anywhere because I’m 37 and he’s just a college student. It’s actually pretty creepy when you think about it. Anyways He was one of the coworkers I drew.......but not in any scandalous way. I was going to draw everyone in a portrait style manner. I’m also feeling like I’m creeping all my coworkers with my emotional numbness.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

It’s probably wrong of me to take advantage of the kind coworker’s kindness and take him up on an offer to drive me home. I know it’s all kinds of wrong but it’s not like I can expect my usual rides to keep coming to get me to and from work every time, right? Maybe I should give them a break? Okay, I’m contemplating outright manipulating circumstances so the nice co worker of mine can drive me home. I admit, I’m sick. I guess I shouldn’t be justifying it at all.

KaoticKiss

KaoticKiss

I’m going to do it. I’m going to set things up tomorrow where I don’t exactly have a ride home and see if he offers to give one to me. Wrong on so many levels but it’s rained a lot here and I don’t want my family to drive the flooded streets at night just to get me. It’s harmless really.