• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Work and behaviour I would not do

L

Lilac

So I keep getting locked in work and home which is bizarre. Now if I get locked in at work I have to stay locked in apparently.
Then I had to ring a company to give them some work and they didn't take all the information they needed off me but they took my name and contact details. So not five minutes later a colleague came over asking me for the missing details when he could have more easily got the off the system.
The a manager accused me of complaining about something I hadn't complained about I had just said someone wasn't happy to do something.
The manager who thinks it is senile to go to the toilet has thrown rubbish in my way, told me she hasn't seen me for a long time when she saw me that morning and told me not to contact other members of staff but they won't tell the truth not in the least, just like politicians won't tell the truth and my family won't tell the truth.
I see so much hatred around me and I am a peaceable person.
Then coincidently three of us were doing exactly the same thing at the same time which is weird and we got threatened. I have to work much harder than others and not given the breaks they are. But others at work have problems. One member of staff every time I see them they have a manager hanging around them so they can't tell the truth about what goes on there and how the training isn't enough to prepare people for work.
People just can't get jobs from there.
And then there was a meeting which they could have just sent the information round but we had to attend and I had to get my own chair because they hadn't put enough out for the people they had told to go and then had to put the chair away but no one else had to do that.
It is also pretty impossible to get a response from a lot of staff and I have no idea what that means but I have been told people just disappear from there.
Mum shows how much she hates me every time she eats she shows her mouthful of food. And my family won't tell the truth, they have disowned me because they won't tell the truth and won't treat me equally.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Lilac, have you considered looking for a job elsewhere?
I appreciate times are hard and it's not easy to just give up a job, but it sounds like there is so much bullying and overpowering at your workplace, I don't know if any complaints you make will make much difference.
It just seems like an incredibly dysfunctional place to work and that can't be doing you any good. :hug1:

L

Lilac

I look but there literally is nothing. One of the people who writes the timetable for us she asked me and another person to swap lunches with her before she got the timetabling job (it's always the same people who get asked) and we said no because we were on the graveyard shift and would have to work hours without a break. Anyway now the timetabler is in the new role we keep get really early breaks which they wouldn't do to other people.
Another manager got in after me the other day and sits nowhere near me. And yet halfway through the morning without having moved since the manager got in he said he had to close the windows near me but I hadn't opened them and he hadn't opened them and he sits nowhere near me so how did he know the windows were open?
And then the head of the area scowled at me the other day - but why I am all for good service.
Another colleague made me do some of his work because he didn't know how to do it even though he has been doing that area of work longer than me. And he is allowed to claim flex days when he blatantly doesn't work it. And another person who told me one can only have one flex day a month that person had about 2-3 flex days one month. God only knows how that person got the flex. They are so corrupt.
Then one person stood really close to me one day and kept prodding me with their elbows. I tried moving away. The elbow person I have heard inadvertantly flashed at someone one day.
The person who the managers are always hanging round still has them hanging round. And people keep disappearing there. They won't tell the truth.
The politicians won't tell the truth. No one I know will tell the truth.
My family keep making me put their dishes away from them. And obviously feel I should spend the time I am not at work doing their menial jobs.
And a family member came into a public building the other day right to where I was, although I couldn't be seen and starting speaking to me. I didn't even know this person was in the building and said so. They said it was obvious where I was but they would have to have walked up and down a long corridor to find me and they didn't say they had done that.
Then last month I had a wet cut but the hairdresser told me that drying my hair was compulsory. Although they don't write it.
And my dad is still keeping me up and recently made the most awful noise for quite a long time just because he hates me. He always has hated me.
And while the Labour party are opposed to interns they always advertise for volunteers. So they are in favour of people working for free.

Last edited:
L

Lilac

And one colleague doesn't want me working a good shift, that person doesn't mind anyone else doing it. No this colleague wants me to work the graveyard shift which that person wouldn't do.

L

Lilac

And we have monthly meetings with the management team but they are making the monthly meeting two weeks after the preceding meeting. And my manager told me we would get an increment every two years but we have just been told this is not the case, it seems that we will never get an increment. And we are poorly paid. But the managers aren't poorly paid they can afford their own homes etc where we are on the breadline and we are just slightly better off than people on benefits and people on benefits are really poor.

L

Lilac

Lilac, have you considered looking for a job elsewhere?
I appreciate times are hard and it's not easy to just give up a job, but it sounds like there is so much bullying and overpowering at your workplace, I don't know if any complaints you make will make much difference.
It just seems like an incredibly dysfunctional place to work and that can't be doing you any good. :hug1:
The other thing is that why should I be the one who has to leave, even though it isn't a good job. The managers are in the wrong and never want to see me.

My family are being really nasty and apparently it is compulsory to see them. They would never tell the truth.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
why is it compulsory to see your family? are you living with them? if so, could you get your own place? I know it's hard to find rented accomodation these days .

I can understand feeling why should you be the one to leave, but some battles are not worth fighting, if you launch a grievance even if you win it, it's going to be awkward to stay there.

Could you at least look for something that you might enjoy doing elsewhere? That doesn't commit you to actually applying/leaving