Work and anxiety help. Getting worse.

A

anxious_veggie

I'm halfway through my notice with 2 weeks left.
I have anxiety anyway, but since working my notice it's been so bad. My anxiety is through the roof, I feel low and I'm having more panic attacks. I'm crying more. I don't know if I can last 2 more weeks.
I'm considering seeing my GP. I'm not on any meds but I'm considering it.
To be honest I'd like to get signed off for the last 2 weeks as it would give me the chance to recover a little, but I don't get sick pay.
What should I do? Not have enough money and put my mental health first or carry on and get worse? :/

I

I escaped

I have anxiety anyway, but since working my notice it's been so bad. My anxiety is through the roof, I feel low and I'm having more panic attacks. I'm crying more. I don't know if I can last 2 more weeks.
To be honest I'd like to get signed off for the last 2 weeks as it would give me the chance to recover a little, but I don't get sick pay.
What should I do? Not have enough money and put my mental health first or carry on and get worse? :/
I suggest you calm down. You are thinking too much. Take some time to meditate using apps like Headspace and become more present with your environment. Anxiety is an illusion, it is not really you.

Try meditation. It isn't about trying to stop thinking, it is about being conscious of something other than thinking, i.e. your present environment. Music can help.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Welcome to the forum
I'd see a dr as you might get worse, maybe you could still work and see your GP when your not at work.
I'm sorry your feeling poorly and don't get sick pay.
Maybe work would give you time off to see your dr?
You can't help feeling like this, mindfulness and meditation might help. Google them.
I'm here to listen too.
Take care

Y

YogiLife

It sounds like a really tricky situation :(

Your mental health is the priority- do you live alone? Can anyone help with finances?

Also, does it do you any good to be away from the workplace or are you worse in some ways?

PAULA120

PAULA120

you have to calm your nerves and thoughts because to find a solution you have to think clearly. For sure, an option will be found and everything will end well. Try meditation or some calming medications xxx