• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Words leave my lips and I don’t mean them at all

D

DudeAtTheLake

I don’t know what to do. I Think I’m bipolar, I’ve been undergoing treatment for it for over a year. I’m medicated. Yet I have this tendency to make everything about myself and say things that don’t make any sense to me at all after I think on them. When I can control it I’m able to be loving to my family. I’m able to be who I WANT to be. Who I am sucks sometimes and I just want some f***ing help or at least to see if this happens to anyone else because I just feel lost.

nutsie

nutsie

I not BP but I read many story same you!

I think many person here understand you

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m diagnosed bipolar 1. lately i have been thinking back to a lot of my words, choices and behavior and realized that they didn’t make a lot of sense. I think this is possibly the delusional aspect of the mania or the bipolar in general. I would lie to people about things believing that it was the truth. Especially about things like my own achievements, who I know and my own importance. It is very strange for me to look back and realize that all of these were essentially fabrications that I believed in that moment. I don’t consider myself a liar but I did not tell the truth in the moment because I was confused about what the truth was without knowing it. So many other things I said or did when manic, upon reflection, just didn’t make any sense at all. It’s scary but don’t feel alone in it. It may be a characteristic of the illness because it is definitely something I have experienced too. xo, j

D

DudeAtTheLake

Thank you. It doesn’t make sense at all but that same thing is what pisses me off and hurts so damn much. I Feel like I believe what I’m saying when I say it But even a split second later those feelings dissolve and I’m standing wondering what the hell happened. Therapy helped a little, the meds changed my life on the daily, but once in a while these days happen that feel worse than being untreated and it flips my whole world upside down. Thank you for taking the time to respond, I know the whole world is going t*ts up right so it means a lot.