• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Words just left me

fazza

fazza

Ok. I have just realised how hard it is to help someone face to face with a emerging mental health crisis.
Never before has this happened to me in public and I thought I would be prepared for it but I was left speechless.
I am not going to go in to the specifics but I just want to say that whilst it's all so easy to criticise our CMHT's I think it is really easy to forget what a difficult job/career that the staff take on.

Also you really only notice how well you feel when you see someone that reminds you of how ill you were.

My god, it is a terrible combination of illnesses that we have all faced here. Cruel and indiscriminate.

I salute you all.

Fight on don't give up.

Fazza.

wollie

wollie

Hi fazza.
I know exactly what you mean, I have been trying to help some one with eating dissorder and depression it is very very hard.

N

natalie

Hi Fazza,

Just an idea, could you possible transfer your speechless feelings, into creativity in your music perhaps, that might be of help? Just an idea.

However, you are strong, and I am sure you will become even stronger and overcome that difficulty you had experienced.

Best regards.

fazza

fazza

Hi Fazza,

Just an idea, could you possible transfer your speechless feelings, into creativity in your music perhaps, that might be of help? Just an idea.

However, you are strong, and I am sure you will become even stronger and overcome that difficulty you had experienced.

Best regards.
Hi. Natalie I really do not think I can. I just feel so sad for this person. Crazy thing is I have no idea who this person is as it was a random encounter.

Its very different to being on the ward with other patients in crisis.

I am also very angry the way others around me handled the situation. I would have thought they would have known better as to try and ignore the situation.

I'm a little confused by it in a way and it's an encounter that I will never forget as I am not sure if I did the right thing or not

fazza

fazza

I spoke to my boss today about what happened. He just dismissed it as a "crank"

Spoke to my dad. Same response
Spoke to my mum.. Total ignorance.

Spoke to my wife who understands the situation completely.

Ignorance and stigma from 3 out of the 4 people I spoke to about this.
Unbelievable.

fazza

fazza

Hi Fazza,

Best regards.
Hi @natalie.
There is on I posted in the members gallery. Its based on the show must go on by Queen however the lead and string arrangement are mine.
It's badly recorded but I wanted to get a feeling of rawness a bit like a street old man street performer listening to music and joining in.
Have a listen but it's better with headphones. Oh and it's not finished yet

calypso

calypso

Admin
I know what you mean Fazza. Its that feeling of not being sure you got it right which worries me most. I feel that on here sometimes too when I have responded to a person in need, "Did I say the right thing?" I agree that CMHT do a difficult job and understand why some of them hide behind checklists. Opening up personally is so hard.