• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Word salad voices?

T

Takingmybrain

Ive heard of people with psychosis or whatever having thought disorder but has anyone had the voices they hear actually not make sense too?

Like one my voices keeps repeating this.
"To sleep, pass bread through the bars, to the birds, i dont know,to sleep you need bread to sleep."

Or things like

"Can i wear a injection as a helmet"

Ive never had my voices i hear not make sense before.

EdEd

EdEd

Wow , that is odd.. both sound unique.. I've had voices in the past say strange things.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
This must be extra irritating for you, to have to hear a voice or voices all the time is one thing but when they mindlessly waffle on about nonsense it must be terrible, at the very least they could say something worth saying or be silent.

"To sleep, pass bread through the bars, to the birds, i dont know,to sleep you need bread to sleep."
If it was completely and utterly random words I may have believed it was random neurons firing like some people think but the quoted sentence still has just enough coherence to make me believe this isn't the case.

It doesn't give me much confidence that one day you'll be able to have a mature and meaningful relationship with these voices which is my personal goal with mine.

Unfortunately my voice has proven himself to be insane.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Most of what I've heard from voices does NOT make sense! I haven't heard many people have the same experience!

EdEd

EdEd

This must be extra irritating for you, to have to hear a voice or voices all the time is one thing but when they mindlessly waffle on about nonsense it must be terrible, at the very least they could say something worth saying or be silent.

If it was completely and utterly random words I may have believed it was random neurons firing like some people think but the quoted sentence still has just enough coherence to make me believe this isn't the case.

It doesn't give me much confidence that one day you'll be able to have a mature and meaningful relationship with these voices which is my personal goal with mine.

Unfortunately my voice has proven himself to be insane.
Yea , I see what you're saying.

T

Takingmybrain

I know its driving me insane. Its repeating the sleeping ,passing bread through the bars thing repeadedly its doing my head in. Just shut up or make sense!

T

Takingmybrain

Weirdly less stressed with voices that were being mean and threatening to me than i am these voices that are not mean and not threatening but making no sense but constantly repeating rubbish.

EdEd

EdEd

You make sense to me , but the what your voices are saying I cant make heads or tails of..

EdEd

EdEd

The injection being like a helmet made me think of anti-psychotics taken as a injection protecting you from voices.. is how I took it.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

Maybe I have a thought disorder...I'm not sure...but ah I'm sorry to hear it's stressing you out..I think maybe because mine started out with nonsense and they haven't been mean to me..I see it as I got lucky, and they make me laugh sometimes with the things they say haha

T

Takingmybrain

But i dont take injections or antipsychotics anymore of any kind.... i did wear a helmet recently though.

EdEd

EdEd

Aah , I see. I'm not saying for sure what that means.. just how I took it when I read it..

EdEd

EdEd

What did you wear a helmet for?

T

Takingmybrain

To ride on a electric scooter.

Scapes1986

Scapes1986

I myself have these type of silly thought patterns. It’s just a bunch of funny nonsense if you ask me.

I repeat some of these sayings out loud to make sure they aren’t real clues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
blog15 Hearing Voices Forum 2