• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Wondering if there other meds for szchoaffective/szchiophrenia?

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I have been taking Aripipazole, otherwise known as Ablify since 2012 and 2015 at 25ml, and I was just wondering, whether if there are other meds, which could the same trick or similar, as it is d riving me mad, I get disruptive sleep patterns to disturb me around the 3 or 4 o clock, and just can't get back to sleep.

Now I doubt that my group practice of GPs, would want to change my med now, because I have been on Abilify for so long, I just had a thought that's all wondering what other sorts of meds are t here, I am astute aware about Onlanzapine, been on that, and also Rusipirdrone which I havn't taken, are there any other meds, which could just well helpme out for overnight for disruptive sleep, and can't get back, and therfore, feel very tired, until i have my cola drink, it's a healthier one froma health adn beauty store company,

As I say, I doubt now that they will want to change, I just thought i woudl do a bit of research, out of interest to see what other sorts o f meds for szchioaffective /szhchophrenia are there?

The Aibify does its job for daytime purposes butnot necessarily for overnight purpose, hence the query of research.

Thanks in advance for any of your posts members, and staffing if at all staffing,

Best regards all.

Natalie.

I get the problems when I take 25ml, and not necessarily on 20ml.

ht46

ht46

I take amisulpride which is quite sedating so no issue with sleeping.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

I have realised since i last posted, and what I could do;

is to trial me on 20ml dose, and that should help me to sleep much better.

Should I happen to recieve such problems and depending on the topics of paranoia too much of, in the daytimes, then, I might have to go back up; that's the chance, I'll take.

Best regards all.

S

singsongfun

I would not change. Other meds might not be as effective for you.

N

natalie

Hi singsongfun,

This is , what I was thinking later on, after I had written the post, and also,as I point out the GPs might not want to alter either, because I have been taking for so long since 2007.

Best regards.

N

natalie

Hi Folks/Hi All,

1st or 2nd Night on 20ml of Aiblify, apart f rom up and about within home, a couple of times spaced out due to cooler temps at night, I slept really well, and eventually awoke at about 9.30am roughly.

My paranoia levels in the day time, and apart f rom only if helicopters flare up, either from the West of home, or from the East travelling towards westly, via above my home, and annoyances o fhovering no doubt, then, my paranoai levels icnrease, my paranoia levels have been absolutely fine.Therefore, i will continue for the time being, paranoia on ground levels, I meant, on 20ml.

As always I use my side kick tool of music and knitting, and fitness working out.

Have a good evening all,

Best regards all,

Natalie.