• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Won ESA appeal but shortlived help and advice needed

R

rightsforme

I suffer from PTSD and severe back pain following an accident years ago. I failed the medical and had to appeal as ATOS only awarded me 12 points, which should have been over 100. Welfare rights helped with my appeal which has took 9 months and got all my relevant medical and got the decision overturned. In addition they also said i should be entitled to DLA and they got me mid rate care and low mobility. I felt relief I would be able to get my life back, get back to work and be me again, but no within 2 weeks of judgement DWP has decided to send me back to the same ATOS so called doctor for assessment again that both lied and ignored my problems. I don't want to go but have no choice. Rang my welfare rights advisor and she is surprised but says I will have to go. I am taking all medical and tribunal support with me plus I will take a friend. I don't understand why they are sending me back when the appeal overturned it based on my medical evidence, I did not even have to attend in the end. I just feel so down, I'm sure its a conspiracy to send me over the edge. I have worked nearly all my life even as a single parent I chose to work. All I want is the support and help to be able to get back to work and be me again is that really too much to ask. This has sent me straight down hill again, if they ignore it and fail me again then I will be back at square one and worried I may then lose my DLA. I can't go through this again any advice would be appreciated. I am thinking of just giving him all the medical stuff and refusing to talk to him.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

Have you contacted them to check it's not an admin mistake as quite often happens; Peter doesn't communicate with Paul!

Phone them up, tell them what you have just told us and ask why this medical is needed.

R

rightsforme

Have you contacted them to check it's not an admin mistake as quite often happens; Peter doesn't communicate with Paul!

Phone them up, tell them what you have just told us and ask why this medical is needed.
hi
No its not an admin mistake it actually states that DWP have asked them to reassess me for ESA following my tribunal appeal. Even welfare rights adviser was surprised and have sent her a copy. Friend had to read it to her as I was so distressed. I have to go and friend is going with me but taking along all the medical evidence which clearly qualifies me for over 100 points let alone the 15 needed. ATOS originally failed me giving me only 12 points, Tribunal appeal overruled that on the evidence and now 2 weeks after back to ATOS who failed me in first place. Welfare rights told me I should be entitled to DLA and applied for it for me and I have been awarded med rate care and low rate mobility based on the same medical evidence with no problem.