• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

women only

purplerose

purplerose

hi ladies, do u find that your anxiety and depression gets worse like a week right before your monthly cycle?:unsure:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I am not depressed anymore btu I certainly notice changes in my mood. Cant say I noticed them when severly depressed

S

*Sapphire*

When I was feeling depressed, I would feel suicidal before my 'monthlys'. So much so that after many years I mentioned this to a therapist, who thought it might have had an impact on me having an ED. Which in my experience meant that I did not have 'monthlys'.

The reason for this is that most of my suicide attempts were during or just before my 'monthlys'.

Now I don't feel I suffer with depression they don't really affect me (not that I know of, I will have to check with my husband now!). But when I was depressed, sure they would affect so me much more to a detrimental effect.

Not sure if that helps with this thread?

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hm, was just thinking about that today actually. I have felt a lot better over the last few months but still have some pretty low days, and was just wondering if it was related to my cycle. I don't think it had much of an effect when I was very depressed - or maybe it just didn't make much difference when things were pretty bad, how much worse could I feel? But now I feel I am ok generally but it still feels a bit precarious - so maybe PMT has a more noticeable effect now.

BTW this is not giving anyone else permission to ask if I'm just pre-menstrual! Especially not my OH!