• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

women only

purplerose

purplerose

hi ladies, do u find that your anxiety and depression gets worse like a week right before your monthly cycle?:unsure:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I am not depressed anymore btu I certainly notice changes in my mood. Cant say I noticed them when severly depressed

S

*Sapphire*

When I was feeling depressed, I would feel suicidal before my 'monthlys'. So much so that after many years I mentioned this to a therapist, who thought it might have had an impact on me having an ED. Which in my experience meant that I did not have 'monthlys'.

The reason for this is that most of my suicide attempts were during or just before my 'monthlys'.

Now I don't feel I suffer with depression they don't really affect me (not that I know of, I will have to check with my husband now!). But when I was depressed, sure they would affect so me much more to a detrimental effect.

Not sure if that helps with this thread?

rollinat

rollinat

Founding Member
Hm, was just thinking about that today actually. I have felt a lot better over the last few months but still have some pretty low days, and was just wondering if it was related to my cycle. I don't think it had much of an effect when I was very depressed - or maybe it just didn't make much difference when things were pretty bad, how much worse could I feel? But now I feel I am ok generally but it still feels a bit precarious - so maybe PMT has a more noticeable effect now.

BTW this is not giving anyone else permission to ask if I'm just pre-menstrual! Especially not my OH!