• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Woke up from a horrible dream

Linda1989

Linda1989

This made me not wont to live anymore. I had dream my mom was attack by a bear, I was screaming for her to get inside and she couldnt hear me and the bear bit her arm I ran out to get the bear attention than it start coming after me I woke immediately. I feel dead inside right now. I keep asking myself if god loves us why would he create something so dangerous, to me its like putting a baby in a cage with a snake. Everytine I read some parts of the bible at night I have nightmares. I been searching for a higher power for 12 years and nothing. If god really love me or exist he would make contact. Im thinking about getting into wicca but something keeps telling me the god of the bible will punish me. I have got accurate information with tarot cards before. Should I leave christianity since it not bringing any happiness or comfort in life?

SlowJinks

SlowJinks

I can't influence you one way or the other, that is between you and God, nor can I quote scripture appropriate enough for the situation and perhaps you should consider speaking to your pastor/minister for religious counseling. I can however tell you I have been down that road and back again and it lead to a dead-end because I was looking for the wrong thing and asking the wrong questions, or at least wanted the answers that suited me.

I don't trust that 'world' for two reasons, yes the biblical implications, but also the mental health implications. I can't afford to entertain thoughts of "powers" or "seeing", to me it means loosing touch with reality and the moment your feet leaves the ground, anything goes ... and that anything is often not very good in my experience.

The struggle you face is as old as time but ask your self, which other book has been recorded more prolifically and consistently. And would you honestly feel better by believing in the likes of Gardner and Crowley or some supposed 'Ancestral' each of which has their own devices, nuances and supposed 'family secrets' and whom, relatively speaking, don't carry an ounce of weight in comparison?

It's so difficult to speak about these things in this day and age as there's almost no words one can use without offending someone these days.

Suffice it to say, your answer should lie with speaking to God and understanding what the Bible tells us about love and the proof of God's existence and wherein we should seek happiness and comfort in life, rather than our expectations of it.

I hope this is of some use to you. As I say, I can't push you in the direction that you need to go, but I hope you find what you are looking for and that it's to your benefit eternally and not just temporarily.

tomar

tomar

i tried wicca in my younger days but all that did was lead to buddhism (which is very nice and helpful)

T

turnitoffandonagain_again

I don't feel up to getting involved in discussing other people's religion (as a lifelong non-believer who isn't really a good advert for non-belief as I'm constantly depressed).

But I have to say whenever I have a bad dream like that, I wake up with a feeling of immense relief that it was only a dream. Conversely, sometimes I have positive dreams (most of the time they involve a past romantic relationship not having ended and still being involved with that person) I wake up feeling horribly sad that reality is very different.

Is there nothing positive to take from the fact that this was only a dream, hasn't happened, and is extraordinarily unlikely to happen?

Linda1989

Linda1989

I don't feel up to getting involved in discussing other people's religion (as a lifelong non-believer who isn't really a good advert for non-belief as I'm constantly depressed).

But I have to say whenever I have a bad dream like that, I wake up with a feeling of immense relief that it was only a dream. Conversely, sometimes I have positive dreams (most of the time they involve a past romantic relationship not having ended and still being involved with that person) I wake up feeling horribly sad that reality is very different.

Is there nothing positive to take from the fact that this was only a dream, hasn't happened, and is extraordinarily unlikely to happen?
I always believe in dreams gives you the future or can be sign of something because of religious beliefs. Christians always tell me to look at my dreams it might be giving you sign. Like 20 something years ago when I was 7 years old at night I was upset because I wanted long hair I was in the mirror looking my hair when I went sleep I dream about my hair falling out. Years later Kids start bullying me in school and my hair start falling out every year. I think my dreams predicted the future.

T

turnitoffandonagain_again

I doubt very much indeed I'll be able to persuade you. But it's 3am and I got up again because I have unbearable tinnitus and intense dizziness so can't bear trying to sleep any more.

But as far as I know, "dreams predicting the future" is not a part of mainstream Christian belief. And almost all my dreams are about the past, usually re-runnings and remixes of that past (e.g. I'm taking my exams at school again and this time am failing them). Or they are clearly influenced by things going on right now (e.g. a video-game I was recently playing, and then I dream of fighting zombies).

I honestly believe they are just part of your brain that is still awake trying to interpret, as if it meant something, the completely random noise that is produced by the part of it that has shut down.

Neither part of your brain knows the future, all they can do is remix and distort the things they know about the present and the past, pretty-much-at-random.

But I don't think any of that is going to persuade you. I can't even persuade myself that I'm not going to have a stroke or something from blood clots in the brain, because that's what my symptoms feel like (and I am recovering from brain surgery - one of the distressing things about it as that since having it I seem to have almost stopped dreaming, I worry I'm never going to dream again, or at least, never remember a dream again - I've read speculation that that can happen because the surgery damages the connection between the part of you brain that causes the random noise and the part that tries to interpret it).

I can only say again that for me, while things have often been bad in reality, sometimes I've had dreams about things being even worse, then felt a sense of relief when I woke up that however bad things really are, at least the bad thing in the dream was just that - a dream.

Linda1989

Linda1989

I doubt very much indeed I'll be able to persuade you. But it's 3am and I got up again because I have unbearable tinnitus and intense dizziness so can't bear trying to sleep any more.

But as far as I know, "dreams predicting the future" is not a part of mainstream Christian belief. And almost all my dreams are about the past, usually re-runnings and remixes of that past (e.g. I'm taking my exams at school again and this time am failing them). Or they are clearly influenced by things going on right now (e.g. a video-game I was recently playing, and then I dream of fighting zombies).

I honestly believe they are just part of your brain that is still awake trying to interpret, as if it meant something, the completely random noise that is produced by the part of it that has shut down.

Neither part of your brain knows the future, all they can do is remix and distort the things they know about the present and the past, pretty-much-at-random.

But I don't think any of that is going to persuade you. I can't even persuade myself that I'm not going to have a stroke or something from blood clots in the brain, because that's what my symptoms feel like (and I am recovering from brain surgery - one of the distressing things about it as that since having it I seem to have almost stopped dreaming, I worry I'm never going to dream again, or at least, never remember a dream again - I've read speculation that that can happen because the surgery damages the connection between the part of you brain that causes the random noise and the part that tries to interpret it).

I can only say again that for me, while things have often been bad in reality, sometimes I've had dreams about things being even worse, then felt a sense of relief when I woke up that however bad things really are, at least the bad thing in the dream was just that - a dream.
Sorry about your brain injury I pray that you can have good dreams.