Witnessed a car accident this morning

E

EstherRose94

If this is triggering to anyone I apologize. Added the content to the title just in case. I think the person will be okay, was just kinda scary to see.

I experienced a pedestrian accident this morning and didn’t get to help between the “they’re probably fine and getting up in a second” stage and the “someone else is there” stage. I know from a loved one’s experiences how horrible an accident like that can be and it’s lifelong impact and I wish I could tell the person I’m thinking of them and wishing them a super speedy recovery.

After seeing the scene as I drove past I realized what looked like a bad skateboard spill was most likely a car/electric scooter collision. Yikes! From my POV they just came flying out of absolute nowhere into the intersection and I can’t imagine how scared they were so sending hugs comfort and support to this person.

N

natalie

Were the emergancy services on the scene of the incident? Also, do contact the Police, it's vital for witnesses to come forward, as the need the relevant information they can get their so to speak hands on.

I was a close witness, via my father's accident - motor accident, and the Police who were excellent, were on the scene at the time, they turned up very quick, too.

However, due to the shock, and everything else surrounding the incident, mum hadn't felt like talking to the Police, I couldn't have helped out much more, evidence wise, as I have speech problems. All of this was back, in 2014.

He was temporarily ill at the scene of the accident, and has been on preventative medication ever since. We just as family won't allow him, to see the GP, he was wondering years later, not to come off the preventative med.

Flameheart

Flameheart

its so important to call the police if you catch the incident early on as you don't know if other witnesses will bother or if the person in the car is even conscious

E

EstherRose94

There were multiple people on the scene before I left. There was a police car already there as well who must have just happened to be there. I actually didn’t see what happened at all, only the effect on the person. I was still thinking like maybe they’re alright; from my angle all I saw was the person fall so I thought they like fell off a skateboard or something but in retrospect it was more Intense than that. I was waiting to make sure they were okay though and since the others got there as I realizing “maybe not” I assumed that there wasn’t really any additional aid I could give. I considered turning on my blinkers and waiting there to block traffic but the police car arrived just then and blocked the lane.

Trust me though I was thinking after like whoa I had a way slower reaction to that than I would have expected from myself like it took a few seconds for it to really click. I was thinking “gosh, bad fall. They’d be embarrassed if I rushed out of my car to see if they’re okay. That’d be silly”

I don’t know, I did not assume that the situation was serious until I was like oh crap they’re still lying in the street a few seconds later. And I was like okay I have to do something and in that moment another person showed up.