• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

withdrawal from cipralex... im goin down...

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

Hi Peeps,

I aint doin so well... i only got diagnosed with Bipolar 2 about 4 weeks ago.. Ive been on cipralex for 6 years for my depression. My Psych has put me on carmabazapine and quetipine. I started them last week and am slowly comin off the cipralex and feel it too..

I tried to come off them before and not coped but know it has to be done this time. I feel lost, i dont know whats real. I just wana hide in my bed and not speak to anyone. Im binge eating too which it makin me feel worse so i binge again and get stuck in a visous circle.

I dont really know why i am writin this cause i know ive just gotta wait for it to pass and for the other meds to take effect but man i feel so low. I also feel rage aswell, deep inside like i might just flip! When i look in the mirror i feel disgusted in myself. I dont want anyone to see me...

Has anyone else come off anti depressants when they have been reliant on them for so long?? xx

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
Hi Lynnie,
You could be right about needing to have patience. Maybe it would be a good idea to keep a journal about what you are going through regarding starting new meds and reducing the old meds. Just write things down as they occur. I'm sure your pdoc would be interested in your experiences so he/she can help you better. :flowers:
Hang in there!
xxx

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

I have no idea what it's like to come of Cipralex Lynnie but I agree 100% with ms_P. Writing your feelings down and getting all your anxieties and worries out, has proved to be invaluable to me so I highly reccomed you doing so. Even if it's just talking to us lot on here a problem shared and all that..........

My inbox is usually empty if you ever need a chat/rant :grouphug:

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I came off one anti depressent last year to start another and it was a truely awful. I got some diazepam to see me through for the few days.

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

I have no idea what it's like to come of Cipralex Lynnie but I agree 100% with ms_P. Writing your feelings down and getting all your anxieties and worries out, has proved to be invaluable to me so I highly reccomed you doing so. Even if it's just talking to us lot on here a problem shared and all that..........

My inbox is usually empty if you ever need a chat/rant :grouphug:
Nice one DB2, ive just bought a diary so gonna do that but ill probably come on here more xxx
:grouphug:

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

I came off one anti depressent last year to start another and it was a truely awful. I got some diazepam to see me through for the few days.
Its horrible isnt it...Its like your world is closin in on you and you dont know who you are and i feel so weak no motivation.. and to make it worse ive come down with a horrible cold... im sat up in bed now drinkin lemsip :tea:

No it isnt swine flu! haha

W

waynewindsurfer

escitalopram withdrawal

Hi everyone - have been coming off this drug gradually from an initial dose of 15mg/day. This withdrawal started in February. Initial reductions needed clever manipulation of tabs, however my GP discovered that there is a liquid form of escitalopram! This has meant that I have been able to reduce by 1mg at a time, usually every fortnight, using a very small syringe. I add the liquid to my morning fruit juice to dilute the awful taste!
I am now on 3mg (3ml) looking forward to my next reduction in two days time. Even so, it has not been easy, symptoms have included flu-like headaches, pins and needles, apathy, but hey, I'm coming off!:)

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

Oh thats good bein able to reduce them 1mg at a time!! Im STILL trying to come off my cipralex! Its been awfull!! Ive just been signed off work for two weeks cause its got that bad.. and i hate bein off work.

:(

J

joanst3

Oh thats good bein able to reduce them 1mg at a time!! Im STILL trying to come off my cipralex! Its been awfull!! Ive just been signed off work for two weeks cause its got that bad.. and i hate bein off work.

:(
hi, can some one please help me, i have came off 5mg of cipralex 2 weeks ago after being on them for 4 months, my doc prescribed them for anxiety, i feell worse now than i did before i took them, i think it will get better day by day the dizzieness is much better nd the headaches are gone,
but all the things that have been supressed with this drug are flooding bk,
and its so hard to relax, concentrate and just basically dont want to do anything, the anxiety is like tenfold than when i was diagnosed with it, i feel angry agitated and just not with it, i cant go to my doctor as i have no faith in any of them.

joan x

A

adelleda

cipralex

I just joined this forum so this is my first post :p. I'm actually experiencing horrible withdrawal symptoms. I was on cipralex 20mg, and was on 10mg for 1 week, then I was on 5mg for a week. I have HORRIBLE MIGRAINES, my ears are ringing, I feel so confused ALL the time.. it's hard to form sentences. But for some reason the majority of the time I'm very happy and less stressed. I do get more emotional though when I'm watching a movie with sad parts or even happy parts. I seem to be more hyperactive as well. The main problem was the rapid heart beat and the weird dizziness. It was scaring me, but then I started to research and realize it was probably just withdrawal symptoms. I just can't seem to stay focused. I'm used to reading every night, and I just can't do it cause my mind drifts or I get really antsy. I'm also soooooo clumsy. I haven't cut my legs shaving in 4 years.. then all of a sudden I cut them about 4 times in 2 days. I've been dropping things, breaking things. It's such a mess lol, but I don't really mind the happiness part although I'm sure I'll fall very quickly, hopefully not though. I'm actually going to my psychiatrist today in a few hours, so if anyone's interested I'll definitely post what he has to say. He wants to put me on medication for ADD/ADHD.. so I don't really know what to do since I have been dealing with depression for the past 7 years. I just hope these symptoms go away soon they are very annoying.

Last edited:
Lynnie B

Lynnie B

Hi Joan,

You say all the old anxieties are flooding back, you need to have some therepy. Doctors too easilly give out anti depressants without therepy and the drugs just mask it and when you stop they obviously come back thats why you need to go back to your doctors and get referred to a therepist..

I have been on cipralex for 6 years and am now strugglin to come off them, ive been that ill my doctor has told me to go back on them, which is obviously easier for him.. and would be easier for me too but im gonna fight it out for abit longer..

Let me know how you get on a the docs... dont let them fob you off, you need help and deserve help to keep goin untill you get it.. xxxx good luck xxx:hug:

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

I just joined this forum so this is my first post :p. I'm actually experiencing horrible withdrawal symptoms. I was on cipralex 20mg, and was on 10mg for 1 week, then I was on 5mg for a week. I have HORRIBLE headaches, my ears are ringing, I feel so confused ALL the time.. it's hard to form sentences. But for some reason the majority of the time I'm very happy and less stressed. I do get more emotional though when I'm watching a movie with sad parts or even happy parts. I seem to be more hyperactive as well. The main problem was the rapid heart beat and the weird dizziness. It was scaring me, but then I started to research and realize it was probably just withdrawal symptoms. I just can't seem to stay focused. I'm used to reading every night, and I just can't do it cause my mind drifts or I get really antsy. I'm also soooooo clumsy. I haven't cut my legs shaving in 4 years.. then all of a sudden I cut them about 4 times in 2 days. I've been dropping things, breaking things. It's such a mess lol, but I don't really mind the happiness part although I'm sure I'll fall very quickly, hopefully not though. I'm actually going to my psychiatrist today in a few hours, so if anyone's interested I'll definitely post what he has to say. He wants to put me on medication for ADD/ADHD.. so I don't really know what to do since I have been dealing with depression for the past 7 years. I just hope these symptoms go away soon they are very annoying.
Hey Adelleda and welcome to the forum :welcome:

Yeh i have been the same! Ive been on 20mg of cipralex for like 6 years and been dealin with depression for like 10 years but have recently been diagnosed with bipolar type 2. So my pshych has told me to come of the cipralex and start takin a mood stabliser. So i have been tryin to come of cipralex ive got down to 10mg one day and 5mg the next and so on.. But ive got bad withdrawal symptoms, feel so depressed etc.. and been signed off work for 2 weeks which i hate bein off work. As i havent done so well i spoke to my psych today who has now told me to go back on them?!? Which i feel i have felt like dog poo for weeks and its all for nothin???

Yeh let me know how you get on??? xxx:)

A

adelleda

yeah, I just really don't know what I need right now. I know I've always had no self esteem at all and I've let my depression get in the way of doing a lot of things. I dropped out of highschool at an early age and I regret it every day just because I couldn't sit in class plus anxiety attacks.

I just don't think I wanna be on anymore anti-depressants, but I don't wanna be depressed. I'm really confused especially now with the symptoms lol. :/ I just want to be able to concentrate, something that I haven't been able to do since as long as I can remember. And even when I'm happy and not feeling depressed, I still can't concentrate so I have no idea if it's ADD or not. Ugh, I really hate this I don't know what to do anymore. :(

A

adelleda

oh and another thing I forgot to mention that I'm feeling as well.. binge eating. Holy crap.. I've been eating every 10 minutes and big meals too, to the point where I'm so full I can barely move. Then when I can move, I eat more.. I really can't wait for all this to go away.

Lynnie B

Lynnie B

oh and another thing I forgot to mention that I'm feeling as well.. binge eating. Holy crap.. I've been eating every 10 minutes and big meals too, to the point where I'm so full I can barely move. Then when I can move, I eat more.. I really can't wait for all this to go away.
OH MY GOD! Tell me about it!! I binge eat and feel so sick then do it again 10 minutes later!!! Ive put on loadsa weight! I hate it! I wish i was one of those people who dont eat when depressed! Id be well thin then!! Haha!

You do need to go back to your doctor though and maybe you do have ADHD but theres only one place to find out.. so make sure you go.. xx