• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Withdrawal and timing of meds

B

butterflykisses

I have a question about taking meds. So I’m on 100mg of Seroquel and 50mg of Lamictal (slowly increasingly dosage). I was told not to take my caffeine pills for the time being, but I need to stay up tonight. The meds make me tired enough to go to sleep. I’m not going to completely stop taking them because I know I need it. I’m supposed to take it at night before bed but what would happen if I waited to take it till like 5am? Is it supposed to be taken around the same time? If my psychiatrist said “take it before bed”, well then that could mean literally any time because if I sleep during the day more then I could technically take it in the morning then sleep and so on. I mean, it’s not really specific. How long would it take to experience any withdrawal symptoms if I just waited to take it. I don’t want to push it too long, but I really need to stay up tonight? Anyone know the answers to my questions? Thanks.

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I have a question about taking meds. So I’m on 100mg of Seroquel and 50mg of Lamictal (slowly increasingly dosage). I was told not to take my caffeine pills for the time being, but I need to stay up tonight. The meds make me tired enough to go to sleep. I’m not going to completely stop taking them because I know I need it. I’m supposed to take it at night before bed but what would happen if I waited to take it till like 5am? Is it supposed to be taken around the same time? If my psychiatrist said “take it before bed”, well then that could mean literally any time because if I sleep during the day more then I could technically take it in the morning then sleep and so on. I mean, it’s not really specific. How long would it take to experience any withdrawal symptoms if I just waited to take it. I don’t want to push it too long, but I really need to stay up tonight? Anyone know the answers to my questions? Thanks.
seroquel makes me drowsy. so i only take it before sleep. if i know forsure i wont sleep then i dont take it. because if i did then i would just be drowsy and not sleeping which isnt good. so its easy for me to pull all nighters anytime i want. i simply skip the pill then i can easily stay up all night. because im used to having it so i dont sleep easily without it. its handy because i can stay up all night more easily then i otherwise could by doing this. only if i really need to because otherwise regular sleeping patterns are best for bipolar. the last time i stayed up all night i just had a tooth pulled and it need more time to heal before i risked lying flat. next day i bought more pillows so i could lie upright more for a week.

B

butterflykisses

seroquel makes me drowsy. so i only take it before sleep. if i know forsure i wont sleep then i dont take it. because if i did then i would just be drowsy and not sleeping which isnt good. so its easy for me to pull all nighters anytime i want. i simply skip the pill then i can easily stay up all night. because im used to having it so i dont sleep easily without it. its handy because i can stay up all night more easily then i otherwise could by doing this. only if i really need to because otherwise regular sleeping patterns are best for bipolar. the last time i stayed up all night i just had a tooth pulled and it need more time to heal before i risked lying flat. next day i bought more pillows so i could lie upright more for a week.
I would skip it, but I’ve already committed to taking my meds every night. I have a goal this year of never skipping my meds at all since my ultimate goal is a more balanced life and trying to achieve better mental health. After tonight I really do want to make sure I’m getting enough rest but at the moment I can’t. I have a lot of homework to get done. I’ll take it at about 5am, but I’m just worried about oversleeping since I have a class at 9am.