• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Wish today was over

D

Dooley

Former member
I wish it was time to go to bed again. The day is boring. Headache. Depressed. Can't be bothered watching anything on hulu, pluto, netflix, prime, youtube or my hard drive. Listening to music doesnt seem to interest me either. Suicidal thoughts again but no.......it will be dark at 4.30 and it will feel later than what it is. I will make a cup of tea or something........

calypso

calypso

Admin
Depression can sap us of all our energy and interests can't it? Sometimes all we an do is wish the day over and get to bed early. Is there anyone you could ring? I wish I could think of something to say to alleviate it for you. Keep talking on here to pass the time and see if we can support you more.

D

Dooley

Former member
Only got my wife and son over in the USA. Nobody else here in the UK. Lost touch with my friends since i moved to the USA and stayed illegally. But thats another story. I just wait for them to come on WhatsApp to chat.

S

smallgeezer

Former member
I have been feeling bad too especially this weekend.

It is good to have a routine which forces you to do things even when you realy really really don't want to.

D

Dooley

Former member
Everyday i do the same. Watch hulu, pluto tv, netflix, youtube just to pass the time. Nothing else. So, doing nothing tomorrow really..

S

smallgeezer

Former member
Might you be interested in a bit of volunteering, even if it is only a few hours a week?

D

Dooley

Former member
I am in the UK. Banned for 10 years from USA. 3 years left. Wife went back on new years eve. Been on my own since then. Not seperated, nothing like that. She is coming back next year and getting a visa again

D

Dooley

Former member
It might sound stupid, but i am on medication for social anxiety too. I hate being amongst people. I get nervous. I feel scared and its hard to explain. I always try to avoid places where there are crouds. One or two is fine but anymore than that then i start to sweat, my nerves get the better of me.

W

Worriedyin

Former member
I feel you, it's taken me till now to get bathed and dressed and ready to leave the house. Daylight almost gone!

Some days are just not good days.

D

Dooley

Former member
Yeah, its 4.10pm and its starting to get dark already. Good. The day is over. Now 8 hours to go before bed time.

W

Worriedyin

Former member
Yeah, its 4.10pm and its starting to get dark already. Good. The day is over. Now 8 hours to go before bed time.
What are you having for tea? Could you go out for a drive for a bit?

I'm heading into town shortly, got to catch the shops before they shut. Left it so late and my hair is wet so I look like an idiot.

D

Dooley

Former member
I don't eat until i am hungry. Whatever time of day it is. As i am on my own i just eat junk food from the Supermarket. Like chips, sausages , pies and porridge. My wife did order food got a good few frozen meals.
I dont like driving in the dark. Daft i know but i prefer day time driving. Enjoy your shopping!