• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

wish i didn't have ocd

L

lilslugger

so my ocd blasphemous thoughts wont go away, i hate them and want nothing to do with them. i'm going to cut my face tonight to cope. i hate my face its so ugly and i will never attract a girlfriend so cutting my face is no big deal. I just wish i did't have these evil thoughts then i wouldn't want to hurt myself.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi lilslugger

I'm so sorry you are having difficulty with your thoughts. Have you managed to speak with a counsellor or therapist about them?

You know alot of people have unwanted thoughts. For example most people have a thought about doing something negative to someone or something they really love, when things are stressful. But a thought is so different to an action.

You said you suffer with OCD a main symptom of OCD can be having unwanted thoughts but it doesn't mean that you should punish yourself for them. As I said thoughts are very different from actions.

I would strongly suggest if you can to see a counsellor, or a therapist or a doctor/psychiatrist. All of them can help to try and alleviate the impact of your thoughts and the thoughts occuring themselves.

In the meantime if you can, try to change your relationship to your thoughts. Instead of thinking you should punish yourself for them, it might help to try to think,

'It is a thought, not an action. It is a thought I do not want, and I am trying my hardest to get rid of it. Just because I have that thought does not neccesarily mean I believe it.'

Try repeating that to yourself every time you think of your negative thoughts as a challenge to them. If you feel you can not control it, and you need to self harm, at the very least please try to call NHS direct. They often have good advice. If you really don't think that is enough, please take yourself to A&E where you can get assessed and some help, you should not have to cope with this on your own. :hug:

L

lilslugger

thanx for the reply. i did end up self harming but not too bad. i'm trying to go more easy on myself from now on. i cant help the thoughts so i shouldn't punish myself for them. hopefully i can quit selfharm with this new mindset.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W Harm OCD - False Memories *PLEASE RESPOND* Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Did I run over someone or do I have hit and run ocd? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
W The Root of My Harm OCD — A Confession Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
B Girlfriend with Pure OCD - Please help!!! Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
N Ocd taking over my life in every way Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K OCD Experiences regarding Contamination/Sanitation Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L Pure OCD and problems with guilt. Sexuality problem Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
C Disgust-based OCD driving me crazy Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J Should I get an OCD diagnosis before going to therapy? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
E Is this part of HOCD/SO-OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
MrBond007 Is it possible for those with OCD to get over their compulsions and fears? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
S Cheating ocd please help and respond Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
EddieH OCD Peripheral Staring/Private Staring Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
S Chain mail triggers my OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
K is OCD about control Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B I think I may have OCD but I'm not sure if this behavior is typical. Avoidance of sun on face for fear of aging? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
A Very spesfic ocd everyone looks at me like im mad. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
jonjonzz47 Safety of others OCD thought - Please Help Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
M Anyone have tips on how to recover OCD/Anxiety Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
N My Pure O and sensorimotor OCD experience Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M Almost beated OCD but there is still one thing left Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
E What are you're sleeping habits like? Are they conditioned by OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 4
M Triggers and OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
A Should i get tested for OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
P I think clomipramine made my ocd worse Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J false memory or real event OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
U Real event ocd - any success stories Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
E Ocd promises to Gods. Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
H Harm ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 10
H "Intimacy OCD"? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
P OCD about life events Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
B Is this common with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
M Aftermath of OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
T Ocd and pazuzu and pazuzuites Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C Can mild checking be considered as OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Junebug1223 Possible OCD symptoms? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 5
H Ocd Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
C false memory OCD messaging someone Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 7
T I think I have OCD but I feel like a bad person Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
E Ocd and being a mum Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 26
A OCD: camera obsessions, someone else? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 14
E How to be effectively supportive to your partner who has OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
L Worsened OCD since COVID vaccine announced? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
J How to support fiancé with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
K How to Support my Boyfriend with OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
C Pubic Hair Contamination OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 3
Lavender_Rose OCD Knowledge Wanted Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 6
M Do i have OCD? Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1
M 17 year old with OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 2
R Confirming some symptoms to OCD Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Forum 1