• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Wish I could get some relief again!

R

Rider52

My anxiety has been tough to deal with over the last few days. I don't have any idea what's triggering it. I've had stress, but things are fine now. I've tried everything such as mental health assessments, visiting my PCP, medication, exercise, hobbies, socializing, and it still comes back. I usually feel better towards the end of the day. Then it starts again early in the morning. Any ideas or tips on how to make things easier?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
My anxiety seems to come and go and its cause is complicated. Over time it has become less of a problem as i have had more positive experiences and gained in confidence. I have had time to think through bad experiences and see them from a different perspective.

I think all we can do it recognise it is there, and do activities that make us feel relaxed, like walking or doing a puzzle book. Sitting a trying to find the root may make you feel worse. I think that the root of everything comes to us gradually, a trickle over time.

R

Rider52

My anxiety seems to come and go and its cause is complicated. Over time it has become less of a problem as i have had more positive experiences and gained in confidence. I have had time to think through bad experiences and see them from a different perspective.

I think all we can do it recognise it is there, and do activities that make us feel relaxed, like walking or doing a puzzle book. Sitting a trying to find the root may make you feel worse. I think that the root of everything comes to us gradually, a trickle over time.
I agree keeping busy helps and it's a build up of things over time. Glad yours has eased up.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
It comes back during times of high stress. I also think life is very simple and quiet for me now so i my anxiety is not challenged. I don't know if that is good or bad! I am yet to be put out of my comfort zone again.

Do you think the time of day you take your medication has any effect? I can never tell the difference between restless energy and anxiety.

DMARXX

DMARXX

I'm having the same problem. Even though I'm not stressed it seems to want to come back and ruin my life. I don't know how to stop it. I'll admit I don't know how to control it. It's consuming me. This is a new feeling. Its been two months since I was diagnosed with anxiety disorder and I don't want to go through the path of medication. How do you cope?

J

Julie41

I’ve had anxiety for many years and taken Citalopram for it - it kept the anxiety under control until January this year - I had an awful episode of anxiety & panic - never in all the years have I felt so bad -‘my meds were increased and it took a month to really get into my system - had a few ok days and a few not - until 2 weeks ago when I started worrying about different things again - and bang !!! I’m in a right state again - tried to do some sewing at home but my heads all over the place - just wanna get up and go to bed - helped my hubby clean the shed out this morning and then I felt so exhausted & overwhelmed with lightheadedness & panic - don’t know what to do with myself just want it all to go away as I can’t cope

D

Dispatch

I researched online about supplements that help calm my anxiety ... I would suggest checking into this ... it seems to help me quite a bit 🙂

R

Rider52

I’ve had anxiety for many years and taken Citalopram for it - it kept the anxiety under control until January this year - I had an awful episode of anxiety & panic - never in all the years have I felt so bad -‘my meds were increased and it took a month to really get into my system - had a few ok days and a few not - until 2 weeks ago when I started worrying about different things again - and bang !!! I’m in a right state again - tried to do some sewing at home but my heads all over the place - just wanna get up and go to bed - helped my hubby clean the shed out this morning and then I felt so exhausted & overwhelmed with lightheadedness & panic - don’t know what to do with myself just want it all to go away as I can’t cope
Sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. I felt more relaxed last night and slept well. Then as soon as I get up my anxiety starts in the morning again. I'm working today and still struggling. Hope you feel better.

T

timi0000

My anxiety has been tough to deal with over the last few days. I don't have any idea what's triggering it. I've had stress, but things are fine now. I've tried everything such as mental health assessments, visiting my PCP, medication, exercise, hobbies, socializing, and it still comes back. I usually feel better towards the end of the day. Then it starts again early in the morning. Any ideas or tips on how to make things easier?
Rider, I would recommend reading the book "The Power of Now" by Eckhart Tolle and APPLYING the principles he talks about in your life. Just reading for an intellectual understanding won't make a difference. It was the very first thing that started to unlock me from my anxiety problems.

Meditating on my breath really helped too. Focusing on the sensation of my breath as it enters and leaves a nostril is what you do. I would recommend finding a teacher in your area or at least find some information on YouTube. This really helped me unlock from my anxiety too.

Taking the actions of love toward other people really helped me too. Start treating the people around you with more love. Do more loving things for them. Start helping people. When I did this, the anxiety just melted away over time.

More than anything, take whatever actions you feel drawn to take in dealing with your anxiety. When your mind sees that you are serious about getting to the core of problem, the anxiety will decrease since it has served its purpose. It is like an alarm bell letting you know that you have some issues that need to be dealt with.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Anxiety Forum 17
B Anxiety Forum 11
L Anxiety Forum 3