• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

winter

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
i`m really worried about the winter, it was so cold in my flat and i moved in at easter. it goas on for so long, its always dark an freezin. it`ll be 1st winter i ever spent totally alone.:eek::scared::eek::scared:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
URL Removed as link no longer current.

Im dont know what kind of flat you have whether rented or private but contact the above. It is genuine and they put central heating in for me this year.

Theres also other forms of insulation that ca be done for you.

Someone on here recomended them to me and i hope i can return the favour

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
i`m really worried about the winter, it was so cold in my flat and i moved in at easter. it goas on for so long, its always dark an freezin. it`ll be 1st winter i ever spent totally alone.:eek::scared::eek::scared:
Is it council ? If so they have to maintain repairs etc & make sure heating is working correctly.

scottsblue

scottsblue

Founding Member
ye i got a heater thing built into the wall, but i carnt afford to leave that on all the time.
i just feel like its gona be a cold 6 months to be onest, heater or no heater.

A

Apotheosis

ye i got a heater thing built into the wall, but i carnt afford to leave that on all the time.
i just feel like its gona be a cold 6 months to be onest, heater or no heater.
I have been living alone for the past 7 years. Around 4 years ago I was in a flat without hot water or heating for some 4 months during the winter - along with other problems & things I had going on it drove me insane.

I have been in a far better flat the past 3 years. We learn to adapt. Where I am there are 2 storage heaters - they eat electricity & I only used the one in the bedroom at low settings for short periods. That one broke towards the end of last winter as well & the landlord still hasn't fixed it. I have a small halogen heater, & I sit by that in a coat when it is very cold. I have 3 duvets & 2 rugs on the bed & 2 hot water bottles for the very cold nights. I have adapted. I actually don't mind the cold too much, & it's not too bad down South where I am. The dark & early new year months do get to me though. Part of the Joy of living in England.