Wills

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Planning ahead for once i bought this house for when I'm gone and i'm assuming i have pets when i die - whether Willow and Tigger or other pets nobody can say for sure

but planning ahead

would i be allowed in my will to say i leave younger brother my pets on condition that he either looks after them for the rest of their life or takes them to the rescue Willow came from for them to rehome? would that be a acceptable condition to have in the will? i dont mean saying "if he doesnt look after them or responsibly take them to the rescue he gets no money" i mean just saying "i leave him the pets but he has to either look after them or take them to the rescue if he cannot look after them"

anyone know if that would be allowed?

obviously i would leave him money as well with no conditions about money, the conditions would be for the pets

idk if i'm making sense

and could i leave money to the rescue as well?

and would i be allowed to leave something for this forum as well if i decided to? thinking instead of doing that though give something before i'm gone so family dont come read my posts here

i dont understand will stuff

CelticTwilight

CelticTwilight

I am sure that you can leave whatever you want to whomever you want and have heard of people leaving their entire estates to animal sanctuaries etc. Basically your plan makes sense to me. Unfortunately I am no more knowledgeable about wills than yourself but :thanks: for the reminder.

Edinscotbrit

Edinscotbrit

You can make those stipulations in a will, if you so wish.

I don`t know your age, and you don`t have to say. You may want to speak to your brother about your plans regarding your cats , if he would be agreeable to it?#

You can request that a donation is made to the rescue, what amount you wish to donate as well.

Regards the forum, unsure, I assume so.

A will as your wishing to make it , is no guarantee, unlike when a will involves property, next of kin , etc etc. But your wishes should be considered.

Edinscotbrit

Edinscotbrit

I am sure that you can leave whatever you want to whomever you want and have heard of people leaving their entire estates to animal sanctuaries etc. Basically your plan makes sense to me. Unfortunately I am no more knowledgeable about wills than yourself but :thanks: for the reminder.
Planning ahead for once i bought this house for when I'm gone and i'm assuming i have pets when i die - whether Willow and Tigger or other pets nobody can say for sure

but planning ahead

would i be allowed in my will to say i leave younger brother my pets on condition that he either looks after them for the rest of their life or takes them to the rescue Willow came from for them to rehome? would that be a acceptable condition to have in the will? i dont mean saying "if he doesnt look after them or responsibly take them to the rescue he gets no money" i mean just saying "i leave him the pets but he has to either look after them or take them to the rescue if he cannot look after them"

anyone know if that would be allowed?

obviously i would leave him money as well with no conditions about money, the conditions would be for the pets

idk if i'm making sense

and could i leave money to the rescue as well?

and would i be allowed to leave something for this forum as well if i decided to? thinking instead of doing that though give something before i'm gone so family dont come read my posts here

i dont understand will stuff
BTW, over time you can amend and change your will if you wish.

So don`t worry about once it`s done that is it, it can be amended if something goes wrong.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i just dont want to end up my pets ending up on the streets or not being looked after properly, i know by the time i'm gone Tigger and Willow will both be gone as well but I will have pets after them and am thinking ahead for whoever I have as pets, who will look after them when the time comes kinda thing

idk if i'm making sense

for the record i'm 30

J

Jules5

Midnight you are such a sweetheart. Your will will be considered in what ever you write down. My mom rescued a dog from someone who could not take care of him anymore. Your pets will fine. There is a lot of great people out there whom are caring and loving like you.

Maybe take in a rescue cat. If you have not already. Lots of love and hugs Jules

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Midnight you are such a sweetheart. Your will will be considered in what ever you write down. My mom rescued a dog from someone who could not take care of him anymore. Your pets will fine. There is a lot of great people out there whom are caring and loving like you.

Maybe take in a rescue cat. If you have not already. Lots of love and hugs Jules
i have two rescue cats (Tigger and Willow) Willow has made it clear that she does not want any other animals within a mile of the house though (apart from Tigger) :love:

CelticTwilight

CelticTwilight

Perfect sense! And if karma, cosmic justice or whatever else are to be believed real then gods of cats will be smiling down and taking care of things.

Some of my cats were from rescue and some did not like others muscling in where others were happy to share. I still miss them all (taken care of, the last few stayed with my ex). I have had neighbours cats just come into my home, one once got into where my band used to practise and one of my own used to follow me to work over 3 fields as far as the big main road from where I could still hear him for quite some time, the first occasion it totally freaked me out but he knew not to cross. This is like 25 years ago but still fresh in my mind. I always felt a strong attachment so I know something of how deep feeling for animals (well cats at least) can go.

It isn't suitable for pets where I live now, it would be totally selfish of me although it does still represent a big hole in my life which I would probably change if and when my circumstances change. I sometimes hear dogs barking all day and see cats perched on narrow window ledges and it can be very sad so it is lovely to read such caring and considerate thoughts when others in this age don't seem to think beyond personal vanity of what pets represent.

Kudos :respect:

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

the cat rescue i used to volunteer for used to have cats come in where the owner had died and the family had thrown them out onto the streets and left them to get on with it

one of my previous cats had that history

i dont want that to happen to whoever i have at the time