Will reduce meds with taper in two years

S

seriouslydisturbed

Now I have finally quit drinking which was mentally fucking me up I can start working towards a goal. The plan is is to taper after being on for two years over 15 month.

After quitting drinking I still at odd times get a little stress in my mind or at odd times feel a little paranoid but I hoping this just falls in the normal range of experiences for your average person.

Will say it's only been six weeks not drinking, but I don't really get anything out of it, it's not fun with depression and I don't really get much of a buzz which I think is down to the meds.

I think everyone at some point after a period of time should try reducing their medication, I think more psychiatrists should encourage it. Yes a lot of people will relapse but then again there have been studies which show reducing meds has a positive effect in the long run.

Also on a side note if you struggle like hell to tolerate your anti-psychotic like I have in the past try Brintellix (Vortioxetine). It's some sort of antidepressant but I've found for me it makes things a lot more bearable.

naominash

naominash

I agree that tapering off medication can be helpful in the long run. I hope I can do it too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
fiver Schizophrenia Forum 20
Mr.NiceGuy Schizophrenia Forum 2
R Schizophrenia Forum 19
R Schizophrenia Forum 4