• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Will my therapist?

T

Takingmybrain

I need talk to my therapist about if she will continue to work with me. I have a feeling she wont continue to work with me if i dont say i accept my voices are just from resulting from truama and stress. I believe i have a real actual another pyhiscal another human being inside living in me. But i dont know she will continue to work with me if i continue to say this what i believe.
Should i try lie and pretend i dont believe that so she will work with me still. No one else will work with me because my autism is difficult.

E

Elisante

Lying to your therapist is not a good idea. It's better for her to not treat you at all, than treat you for the wrong disorder. Especially if she prescribes the wrong meds to you.

T

Takingmybrain

Lying to your therapist is not a good idea. It's better for her to not treat you at all, than treat you for the wrong disorder. Especially if she prescribes the wrong meds to you.
She wouldnt prescribe me meds its only talking therapy. She wants me to think the voices are due to my abuse trauma but i cant. Im not sure she will not get frustrated with me and think im not healing in her eyes as a trauma therapist. But she is literally the only therapist i can work with atm.

E

Elisante

She wouldnt prescribe me meds its only talking therapy. She wants me to think the voices are due to my abuse trauma but i cant. Im not sure she will not get frustrated with me and think im not healing in her eyes as a trauma therapist. But she is literally the only therapist i can work with atm.
Tell her that she may be right then. But that you're not 100% sure.

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

I think you should be honest with her about not only your perspective of the voices but also your fear of her giving up on you. Trust me from my experience, lying to a therapist really hinders progress...it's her job to listen to you and try to help you, and she can't really do that if you're not honest..if you lie to her then she wouldn't really be helping the real you at all 🙏

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
How long have you been having therapy. It took me a few months before i would open up but dont let them put words into your mouth. Mine at one time tried telling me my dad abused me which he never did, it was my mum. But eventually we got thru it with a lot of tears and silence from me. I know that your voices seem real to you i was convinced mine were. I do believe your voices are part of your illness but that is something for you to fathom out for yourself and maybe medication may be something for you to try. Try and be honest with your therapist they are there to help you come to terms with what may have happened

T

Takingmybrain

How long have you been having therapy. It took me a few months before i would open up but dont let them put words into your mouth. Mine at one time tried telling me my dad abused me which he never did, it was my mum. But eventually we got thru it with a lot of tears and silence from me. I know that your voices seem real to you i was convinced mine were. I do believe your voices are part of your illness but that is something for you to fathom out for yourself and maybe medication may be something for you to try. Try and be honest with your therapist they are there to help you come to terms with what may have happened
We are only about 7 sessions in and i feel able to be honest about most stuff but i worry about this.when she took me on she didnt know this was a issue thatd come up. thanks for the advice.

OCDguy

OCDguy

This is obviously a dilemma for you, as you have asked the opinion of others'. Like others' have said, my opinion is to be honest with her, and also be honest about your fears... I am guessing you have solid reasons why you doubt her opinion. Being nosey I wonder what they are... but please tell me to do one if you don't want to share a little etc. :)

T

Takingmybrain

This is obviously a dilemma for you, as you have asked the opinion of others'. Like others' have said, my opinion is to be honest with her, and also be honest about your fears... I am guessing you have solid reasons why you doubt her opinion. Being nosey I wonder what they are... but please tell me to do one if you don't want to share a little etc. :)
Shes allowed her opinion that its caused by stress or trauma but i just dont believe that. I just believe i have another pyhsical human being in me thats not me. Why would feeling stressed make you hear another person in your head that youve never met before? I dunno seems weird to me.