Will it ever go?

• Thread starter Confusedandanxious
  • Start date
C

Confusedandanxious

I dont understand how it will as the help doesnt seem to be there.

Help is there, in a way. Only it seems to be more on the side of keeping the issue at bay, rather than trying to fix it if that makes sense.

They're happy to discharge me due to me being able to manage my symptoms well. I manage my symptoms well through a lot of self analysing and self help, along with their help too.
But...I also know there are things that can cause me to be unable to manage my symptoms. I dont know how to deal with that and there is no help around that.

Right now I am quite content to be stuck here. Because the fear of stepping forward and facing being unable to manage myself is scary.
I believe if we got to the root of the issues, I'd be able to take that step a lot easier. I am willing, but I know I need help. Only they dont agree and dont want to open old wounds when I'm doing well right now.

But that means I remain stuck until next time I have a breakdown? Because if I'm managing myself well, why would they pick up my future referral?

Medication doesnt help. Self sabotage is a big issue and not only do they not work, I can not for the life of me stick to take medication daily. PNR meds I can deal with.

So I dont see how this will ever go away, unless I'm just happy to remain here. No job, no relationships, no friendships. I cant see that being a realistic happy outcome.

Z

Zoe1

n yeah I think its a cop out
when they say they dont want to open old wounds

when they really just dont have the funding to treat people
unless its really urgent

I pay for therapy out of my PIP
but I can only afford to go once a month
and I could do with more really

no job , no relationships, no friendships

I think out of the three its only the friendships I have been able to work on
and that is a painful journey
because ive had to several times change my friendship group
because of harassment and stuff
and I can also get quite paranoid about it

you dont know anyone at all ? what about family ?
there may be opportunities

:grouphug:

C

Confusedandanxious

I have family I'm close to thankfully so I'm not shut off completely. I do know others, but keep them at a far distance so I may as well not know them.

As hard as it is, I'm pleased to hear that you are still working on the friendships. I'm sure it will get easier in time for you.
I'm glad you are getting better help, even if only once a month. It's something I think I will look into once I'm finally discharged from these.
Do you feel it is worth it?

Lunus

Lunus

I have family I'm close to thankfully so I'm not shut off completely. I do know others, but keep them at a far distance so I may as well not know them.

As hard as it is, I'm pleased to hear that you are still working on the friendships. I'm sure it will get easier in time for you.
I'm glad you are getting better help, even if only once a month. It's something I think I will look into once I'm finally discharged from these.
Do you feel it is worth it?
I also pay for private therapy, I’ve had 9 sessions so far and I think it’s fair to say it’s probably saved my life. It’s certainly eased my suffering.

Z

Zoe1

oh thats good you have family
I dont have that in a way, my family are very difficult

yes making friends is hard, and sometimes losing them
also making the initial contact takes alot of confidence
and I cant always keep it up, I cant keep up with people
but those who are true friends will remain

therapy definitely worth it yes
my therapist says the most simple obvious things
that I could not see by myself
she is very good

C

Confusedandanxious

Thank you Zoe and Lunus!
I'm going to start saving up for when I'm discharged and then look for a private therapist.

C

Confusedandanxious

I really hope so. Thank you. I feel a lot more positive today thanks to you two. I've got a bit more hope 🙂 x