Will Drs let me come of medication ?

F

feron100

I have been on medication for a year and 3 months from drug induced psychosis I was ill for about a year but recovered about a week after being in hospital,I am now considering coming off invega sustena (palpiredone)but have heard the withdrawels can be excrouciating and my friend is begging me to come of it as he thinks it makes me more spaced out and withdrawn I believe he's right but I want to look at things in more detail will my psychosis coming back? And also i had sleeping problems when i wasnt on the medication I beleive my symptoms won't return however my family aren't sure if this is true right and my nurse who administers the medication once a month recomended me to not come of it however I can't see why he would say that as I am stable now and have a part time job and go to college 3 days a week I really would like to come of it thought can anyone help me with this as im not sure how to approach it furthermore i'm getting quite stressed over this as my friend is hassling me to come off ps im on 100mg

schizolanza

schizolanza

Hi. It all depends on the individual as far as withdrawal symptoms.but cold turkey is a really bad idea whoever you are.imo you are right to be worried and need professional help.ive been taking venlafaxine for years and get withdrawal symptoms if I miss just one dose.your friend shouldnt pressure you like this.

schizolanza

schizolanza

People dont realise how dangerous it is.proper withdrawal involves reducing the dose in very small increments over an extended time period.ive been stupid enough to go cold turkey and was totally unsuccessful and was lucky to avoid hospital

N

natalie

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

I can pretty much relate to this one. I have been on medication off sorts, since 2004, and then had to come off the olanzapine, and tried other ones which hadn't caused weight gain. I have been on the medication antisphycotic i am on now, since 2007 and we're now in 2016. I have always been tempted to safely withdrawl from medication, as I have very much recovered from pshycosis, and managing my fitness interests, self help, and attending volunteering roles, very well, however and it is a grey area indeed, that I have 3 parties of people not allowing me to come off the med. it's expensive also. My GP,a pshchartry doctor who saw me back in 2015, and my mother. Father is starting to agree with me, mum won't have it, and the GP won't either. So there we have it, I am annoyingly stuck, on 25ml of aripazole, though I have to agree, it is a much better less weight gaining med.

I am presently sleeping very well, nothing too acute on that note - overnighters.

I just wanted to sympathise, that I could relate to what you are trying to plan.

Natalie.

F

feron100

I know i put on 30lbs and really want to loose it but i know being on medication it will be hard to keep it off

A

Abacas

I came off Ability more than 6 years ago. It was pretty much cold turkey and it was very difficult. I never thought I ever would do it but I did and was successful in doing it.
The most difficult part was that I discovered people were trying to drive me crazy by trying to poke a pill down my throat telling me I needed counseling but they had the ears that I needed to listen to me. I was talked at with 80%,of their communicating at me with about me having 20%,mostly trying to defend myself. I finally had to leave my home state and that was more than 5,years ago. I have lost most of my family because they reject me because I got off my meds. The funny thing is they refuse to even see me and hang up on me when I call.
I was placed in jail and was told I had done no crime. I didn't know why I was there but told I was there because of a hearing I was to go to the next day but that was all I knew. It didn't feel right because I was abused emotionally all night. For no sleep before my hearing and it was about putting me.in a mental health facility with a hearing in a probate court that would eventually place me in a possession of having a guardian. That was 18 months after I was off my meds. I have had one crime after another to try to destroy my life since March of 2011. Recently I have had a HUGE housing violation. I can't get anyone in law enforcement to help me and feel that I am blacklisted with legal help. I have had major ID theft through the courts and they even took my Missouri ID where I had to buy a new drivers license from Arkansas. I was not only evicted out of a house where my name was on the deed at that time but also it was allowed that my inheritance was taken from me because it was perceived I don't know "flip". That is just a dent to the harassment I have received from getting off my meds.
It depends on what you want from life. If you want some kind of acceptance from society then stay on your meds. If you desire adventure and a difficult journey of being treated as I have join me in my fight for sanity when controlling folks want to drive you into the person they use to know which was someone that took psych meds to tolerate their abuse toward you. I lost it all and am keeping out of their grasp as much as possible as I live almost like a fugitive when I never hurt anyone! I lean on a higher power that helps me.

A

Abacas

I have to tell you I have lost major amounts of weight coming off my meds. I have learned who my real friends are and much of my family don't make that list. I have learned valuable coping skills that has nothing to do with pills. And I know myself much better that. I ever thought I could ever discover. I love who I am, as my skin is better than it ever was. I am experiencing a little rash now but that's it. I can control myself better with dominating peoples actions by how I respond to their actions that is instigated for me to respond like they wish. I find I don't have to do it their way! And I live my life for me and no one else. If Frank Sinatra can do it his way so can I. Also I have just about perfect vision which I didn't have before. I don't need any correction on that at all. I am 64,years old and people have a hard time with my age because they can't see it. I am developing into the person I always wanted to be and giving up the negatives is well worth it and more. I can't seriously hold a grudge against anyone too bad because my education has been forced on me which is better than any education I could ever receive as I study most of the time realising I don't know it all like other folks do who believes I need to take a little pill to function for their pleasure. I have a long way to catch up to those folks that are so smart that I am now an outsider because they must be way too smart for me to associate with them since they know the ins and outs of how to get the law on their side. I promise I hurt because of my perception of great abuse but in the end I will be rewarded and the tide will turn. To that I don't gloat because I don't want anyone to hurt. But people will come to accountability for their actions. I see it coming quickly!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Getting Your Life Back! 1