• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Wide Awake Past Midnight

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Soooooooooo annoyed that I can't fall asleep. I took my meds as usual and I'm not a bit sleepy. But I don't feel like I'm going hypomanic either. If I have to have insomnia I'd rather it be fun than anxiety-provoking.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
cant you take some sleeping tablets?

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I already took as much zopiclone as I am allowed, plus my trazodone and quetiapine. I don't usually have trouble falling asleep, so I'm really wondering what is going on.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
maybe you have built up a tolerance to the zopiclone. have you got any otc sleep meds? i always find them better than zopiclone anyway.

maybe you just a bit anxious or excited today and need to do some relaxation before you can sleep.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
What is otc?

I had a session of neurotherapy today, which should be making it easier for me to fall asleep, and this evening I've dimmed the lights and I'm listening to Pachelbel with ocean sounds right now. I haven't had any caffeine for 3-4 days, so it can't be that keeping me awake. I'm just going to crochet until I feel sleepy enough to go to bed.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
over the counter.
them ocean sounds do my head in, all the supposed relaxing sounds do. each to there own i suppose.

sounds like a good plan. if you are regally getting sleep, then i wouldn't worry about one night. stressing about probably causes more damage than no sleep.

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Most nature sounds CDs drive me crazy, but this one doesn't for some reason. It doesn't over power the music.

Yeah, your right about stressing.

Kerome

Kerome

I like the odd binaural beats session when I have trouble sleeping. You can find them on YouTube, there are a lot of different variations such as Delta Waves or Theta Waves, it's a question of trying a few until you find something you like. But they're calming, and not as unpredictable as nature sounds.