• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why You are Depressed - a mystery?

G

guavarealization

It could be a mystery because there are always many reasons to be depressed. What is important to realize is that you are very simply hating yourself, and you need to ask yourself "how long will you hate yourself?" Ask the question, but don't answer it. Just let the question be. Then you will notice it all become lighter and clearer. And you will notice the old habit for a while before becoming free at last.

Agatha

Agatha

I don't hate myself but I don't like my life as it is.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I don't hate myself... I really like myself.
It's the cruel, sadistic bastards that make the world such a hard place to live in that I hate.

krista

krista

I don't think depression is hating oneself. I think the hate comes because of the depression...

C

Chelseacheese

The title of this is so apt. I'm seeing my local mental health crisis team atm and I was asked and over and over and over and over again on Sunday. Why are you depressed? Why do you feel like this? What has triggered it? and I have no answer. I don't know why this is happening to me! I feel guilty enough as it is for feeling this way. Makes me fee 100 times worse when people ask why you are depressed. Makes me so angry!

xoxox

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cobb_

It does seem to me like some mental health professionals don't entirely understand depression..

I don't hate myself either. But it seems like everyone else does. I don't feel like I deserve it, but nevertheless it's a very dark place to be in.