• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Why prolongued stress and prolongued repeated abuse causes cognitive disfunction?

B

Blackrose09

Why prolongued stress and prolongued repeated abuse causes cognitive disfunction?

Anyone else or am I the only one?

irwin

irwin

It's about development of the hippocampus and amygdala during adolescence. I forget the specifics, but the hippocampus development is impeded, which leads to learning disabilities and other cognitive issues, and the amygdala is overdeveloped, which causes emotional issues.

B

Blackrose09

It's about development of the hippocampus and amygdala during adolescence. I forget the specifics, but the hippocampus development is impeded, which leads to learning disabilities and other cognitive issues, and the amygdala is overdeveloped, which causes emotional issues.
I don't remember having trauma during adolescence. But I had a hard time at shcool from bullies. I didn't had any learning disabilities during the school. Strange how they occurred in adulthood.

S

studio

Might be dissociation ?