• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why is Paranoid personality disorder so rare?

K

Keesha

I was trying to bring up a valid point that we as paranoid personality disorder people must all have something in common and there’s a small number of us and I think it’s important that we all come together because we’re all hiding from each other right now accidentally cuz we’re afraid when we really should be helping each other. I understand it takes time to be able to learn about somebody and find out if they are good for you or not. That’s one of the things about paranoia personality disorder is you end up screwing up all of your relationships accidentally because of mistrust. Since I don’t drink a lot of alcohol anymore I’m more aware and I will sift through all the gas lighters and negatives in my life and I will be happy that I don’t have anybody messing with me. right now there’s only one person or maybe a couple that I don’t trust so I’m just being vigilant because I don’t really have much choice and I’m not going on drugs.
This is probably not a good idea. Getting a group of paranoid people together so they can all get paranoid with each other? 🤪

G

GuyCoping

Why is Paranoid personality disorder so rare? Mostly male? Does everyone else get asked why would they be out to get you, what’s so special about you?What do we all have in common I wonder? I’m a musician, I love nature, animals, photography, and all things good really. I wouldn’t hurt something unless I had too or by accident. I’ve made some mistakes in my day but nothing too horrible.
I think this is due to those with the disorder being afraid of telling another person they have the disorder.

C

Chumfo34

Yeah because we are targetted and harasssed and verbally assaulted and made to fear for our lives. This world is fucked

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I thought they are people with a very weak sense of self and question themselves about every move they make.

I think that's more Avoidant Personality Disorder and possibly Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. With MAYBE a bit of Paranoid Personality Disorder in there. I think the paranoid part is more about fearing / doubting / suspecting OTHERS rather than themselves.

PPD can sometimes be undiagnosed Schizophrenia, but it can also be caused by major trauma (PTSD) and severe untreated OCD / anxiety.

I myself have major anxiety, live in a state of constant fear, but it's directed inward / contained inside. I don't fear other people. I don't feel anyone's out to get me. I just fear my loved ones dying and am hyper-vigilant at all times due to that fear. I wonder if severe fear-based anxiety like this is kind of similar to a part of paranoia-based fear, in that the hyper-vigilance is there but it's focused more outward, and towards other people.

I don't know why PPD is supposedly rare. I would expect that people with PPD would have quite a bit of trouble trusting others, so may not feel safe or comfortable seeking treatment, and so there may be quite a number of undiagnosed people.

C

Chumfo34

It’s because I’m a targeted individual and it’s all being hushed by the government.

T E_90

T E_90

Or perhaps, since they are paranoid and their paranoia is real to them, they are not at all aware that they have a disorder, so are not prone to seek help.

jajingna

jajingna

Is it rare? Maybe this specific disorder is, but seems to me there are lots of people who don't have a strong grasp on what is real or not. Guess they might not feel persecuted for their beliefs, but anyway, just pointing out that plenty of people believe lots of strange things. They might be perfectly decent people too, just with some unusual ideas.

C

Chumfo34

I am a targeted individual. Paranoid personality disorder is what the psychologists said i have. I think it’s ptsd

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

It’s because I’m a targeted individual and it’s all being hushed by the government.

Wait a minute - so which do you believe? That you have PPD or that you are being targeted and all of that stuff? Because if you believe you have PPD, then that diagnosis explains why you believe the other stuff, but it doesn't mean that stuff is true.

1person

Hi Chumfo34,
I think whenever you warn by your bodies warning system, PTSD made you so sensitive to this warnings therefore you cannot find proper scale reason of case and always going for a highest reaction.
Hope you find another palliation instead pot as you know how bad it is for paranoia.

C

Chumfo34

Well they’re doing it again. One of my triggers as a girl named Laura. I reached out for help to my doctor the other day and she set me up with some social workers. It’s all over the phone because of the virus. Regardless a red flag went off when I heard that name and I just got a request on my dating website from a girl named Laura who has a mental health clinician and has an American flag on her profile picture.At that very same time another person friend requested me from Instagram that is friends with somebody that stalked me for sure. They’re swarming me. Whatever. They’re fucked.