• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Why is Paranoid personality disorder so rare?

C

Chumfo34

Why is Paranoid personality disorder so rare? Mostly male? Does everyone else get asked why would they be out to get you, what’s so special about you?What do we all have in common I wonder? I’m a musician, I love nature, animals, photography, and all things good really. I wouldn’t hurt something unless I had too or by accident. I’ve made some mistakes in my day but nothing too horrible.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Do you have PPD? I don't know why it is rare but rarity could mean not many psychiatrists diagnose it rather than not many people have it.

C

Chumfo34

Why is Paranoid personality disorder so rare? Mostly male? Does everyone else get asked why would they be out to get you, what’s so special about you?What do we all have in common I wonder? I’m a musician, I love nature, animals, photography, and all things good really. I wouldn’t hurt something unless I had too or by accident. I’ve made some mistakes in my day but nothing too horrible.
Also I’ve been living with this “condition “ for ten years and I’m sick of living in silence so that’s why I’m talking about it. It’s not easy trust me. It’s taken a lot of suffering to do so. We are strong alone but it’s important we connect as some of these disorders make us hermit and then we don’t heal. Me anyways. Knowing we aren’t alone can be helpful although I realize my trust in humans has been basically fully broken and trusting again is hard. I trust my family but that doesn’t mean they can help me. I write this with sweaty palms.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

It’s really just a catch all term for paranoid people who aren’t schizophrenic. It’s basically pointless to diagnose. Being written in a book doesn’t mean it has any real world use.

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member
Chumfo: do you want to describe any details of your symptoms? I would be interested.

C

Chumfo34

I’ve had pretty much every symptom. Look it up. I literally just had my heart jump out of my chest while typing this because my dog started barking extremely loudly and my neighbor that I thought is in the illuminati came down and said my cat that has disappeared is in his yard. Which, Out of ordinary stuff happens usually when I start being more verbal about my disorder that include my triggers and reasons behind my behaviors and other things. I Went to take my moped for a ride the other day. It stalled and it seemed my gas line was cut with a knife because it was a nice clean cut and I’m not a fucking idiot. Anyways, The weird thing is is that I was just thinking about this guy that showed up just now recently because one time when I was Sitting downtown at one of my drinking spots this guy drove past me and I could’ve swore that he was in some sort of cult. I’ll spend days, weeks, years trying to put together puzzle pieces and figure out who’s who and what’s what. This disorder is also one that is extremely hard to talk about and I’m a rarity in that fashion. the only reason I really am talking now is because who knows I could fucking die and maybe me speaking up about it I can help somebody else. I have it to where I have extreme panic attacks at times and then I’ll go back down to feeling chill and then I’ll have another extreme panic attack and then I’ll be chill and then I’ll have another one because my dog barks so fucking loud at strangers that it scares the living shit out of me when I’m already hyper vigilant. like what just happened just now. That’s not good for your heart all that stress. My mother was actually scared to death literally in front of me. Told she may die without surgery and her heart exploded in front of me. One of my best friends just died of a drug overdose and then all of his shit got robbed.they took All his money, all of his weed who knows what else and told his mom not to investigate. We live in a grimy time and people will do anything for money. You want symptoms for your little book I could go for days honey.

C

Chumfo34

I literally was just thinking about that girl named Greta Thurnberg today so it’s weird that Greta comes up. Lol. My psychic powers are sometimes extremely on point in predicting triggers before they happen.

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member
This is very interesting, thank you Chumfo :)

Could you perhaps give us a couple of examples of how others might perceive that something is not right with you?

(sorry about the unfortunate phrasing, I couldn't think of anything better) :eek:

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member
I literally was just thinking about that girl named Greta Thurnberg today so it’s weird that Greta comes up. Lol. My psychic powers are sometimes extremely on point in predicting triggers before they happen.

Wow, the big coincidence is that I also travel long distances by sailboat!

Sorry no, I made that up. And I'm not mocking.

C

Chumfo34

Something tells me that the majority of people that go through paranoid personality disorder are people that are peaceful rebels and disrupt the status quo and so they are singled out and messed with to be silenced.

LoqLamp

LoqLamp

Something tells me that the majority of people that go through paranoid personality disorder are people that are peaceful rebels and disrupt the status quo and so they are singled out and messed with to be silenced.

I thought they are people with a very weak sense of self and question themselves about every move they make.

GretaVon

GretaVon

Former member

Yes! This is my suspicion also. These people are regarded as cranks by their peers, and if they come up on the public radar, as Enemies of the State. That's today's hypothesis.

C

Chumfo34

I’ve actually had people follow me into the psychiatric unit wearing my trigger outfits on their bodies saying things that would trigger my anxiety. I’ve basically lived one of the scariest nightmares that you can possibly imagine. One of the only differences I think between this and actually going to war is that when you come back from war you’re supposed to feel safe. And I don’t get to feel safe. I felt like my life has been threatened for a years and Ive basically kept silent because nobody believes me. And I’ve pretty much drank my existence away because magic mushrooms are not always easy to get and those are one of the most useful medicines for me. But I’m learning how to be ok without any. I’ve quit drinking and smoking cigarettes. Pot is my only vice really besides procrastinating.

C

Chumfo34

Are you called log lamp cuz you’re part of the Illuminati???