• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why is other peoples understanding of Schizophrenia so bad?

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

The only air time we get is when they're trying to throw mental health under the bus as a reason why someone did something bad.

I recently got diagnosed with Autism, and now when professionals know that they make accommodations.

I don't remember anyone really knowing how to act therapeutically, or even adjust their approach to someone with Schizophrenia.

We need to do so much work to get parity with a diagnosis such as Autism

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
there again i met a guy with autism who was having problems with the dwp at some benefit demo, after all autism doesn't preclude you from working in silicon valley

Faith198

Faith198

I think some of it is it’s not discussed about. I’m not schizophrenic but I do think that they need to talk more about other mental health problems than just anxiety and depression. My brother and I had a talk about this not too long ago as he’s Bipolar and feels he isn’t completely understood. He gets hallucinations, etc. I only deal with anxiety and depression, but him dealing with his troubles has opened my eyes and made me understand people more.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
i recently brought a badge saying i have an invisible disability autism, it seems to shield me from the evil eyes