Why is my friend being like this? Part 2

D

drowning-in-myself

I was supposed to meet my friend today. But I didn't.

So, a couple of days ago, I was using the internet app on my phone to do something and one of the tabs that was open was the facebook chat with my friend. So you know there's this 'thumbs up' button next to the text box when your on one of your messages on facebook. I somehow managed to press that will I was trying to do what it was I was trying to do.

I didn't notice. I didn't realise I had pressed that. So, later on I went on facebook again and noticed I had a message from my friend. They said they'd be where I live on Friday (Today). I said cool and that we should go for a drive (as they drive and have a car obviously). They argeed to that.

Today's Friday. They never got in contact with me at all. Earlier in the day, I had noticed again that they were active again on facebook without messaging me. As I was waiting for them to message me to see if they really wanted to hang out.

I ended up messaging them saying 'I thought you wanted to meet up, I thought you were in _____ today' (<not putting where I live sorry lol). I've still not heard from them.

I've felt like crap all day, I don't know what's caused them to be like this.

Midnight.Panda

Midnight.Panda

It's possible that the app shows they're active but not actually on the app. It happens to me all the time.. Like I usually have my notifications off and I'll be on my phone (but not on the app)/have FB on the laptop but I'll be away from the laptop and it'll say I am active. Or maybe your friend had something come up and couldn't meet you for some reason?

I am sure things will be okay. Have they messaged you back yet?

D

drowning-in-myself

It's possible that the app shows they're active but not actually on the app. It happens to me all the time.. Like I usually have my notifications off and I'll be on my phone (but not on the app)/have FB on the laptop but I'll be away from the laptop and it'll say I am active. Or maybe your friend had something come up and couldn't meet you for some reason?

I am sure things will be okay. Have they messaged you back yet?
Yeah it could be something like that. They did get back to me, they said that they ended up having to play taxi driver for their girlfriend and forgot about our plans...

I've let it slide this time as I've suggested meeting up this week coming. But I'm just getting the feeling that they don't want to be my friend and honestly feel like saying to them "Look, it's okay if you don't want to be my friend"

p.s. your signature quote thing is cool :)

Midnight.Panda

Midnight.Panda

Have they flaked on you in the past? I can understand that sometimes people do genuinely forget, but when it happens again and again and again... well, then that's just suspicious.

Maybe see how things go with planning something else with them. If you keep feeling like they don't want you around, try telling them how it's making you feel. If nothing comes out of that, then I would just stop wasting your energy and focus on people who do make you feel good about yourself.

Haha thank you <3 I found it on a random blog and I've been in love with the quote ever since :)

LivinWithAnxiety

LivinWithAnxiety

Yeah it could be something like that. They did get back to me, they said that they ended up having to play taxi driver for their girlfriend and forgot about our plans...

I've let it slide this time as I've suggested meeting up this week coming. But I'm just getting the feeling that they don't want to be my friend and honestly feel like saying to them "Look, it's okay if you don't want to be my friend"

p.s. your signature quote thing is cool :)
Hello,

I know all too well what it's like to feel like people don't want to hang out with me. At the same time, I know people in my life who want more attention from me than I'm able to give. So in some ways what goes around comes around, for me anyway. I try to be understanding when people don't give me the attention I want from them, but sometimes it does make me feel bad.

D

drowning-in-myself

Have they flaked on you in the past? I can understand that sometimes people do genuinely forget, but when it happens again and again and again... well, then that's just suspicious.

Maybe see how things go with planning something else with them. If you keep feeling like they don't want you around, try telling them how it's making you feel. If nothing comes out of that, then I would just stop wasting your energy and focus on people who do make you feel good about yourself.

Haha thank you <3 I found it on a random blog and I've been in love with the quote ever since :)
No, not that I can think of. It's like you've read my mind, as that's kind of my plan. Cool, it's a good quote :)

D

drowning-in-myself

Hello,

I know all too well what it's like to feel like people don't want to hang out with me. At the same time, I know people in my life who want more attention from me than I'm able to give. So in some ways what goes around comes around, for me anyway. I try to be understanding when people don't give me the attention I want from them, but sometimes it does make me feel bad.
Thanks for being able to relate and I get what your saying! I'm not expecting my friend to give all their attention to me, I know they have their life to deal with.