• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why is life so hard

M

MikeYST

Sometimes it seems so hard
Even breathing seems difficult

I feel like my whole body is shutting down
Doesn’t seem like life should be like that

I’m not strong enough for what I’m going through. Not self pity. I’m not just not able to handle it. Just being honest with myself

I woke up this morning after sleeping an hour.... and I was already crying when I woke
mike

MarieRose

MarieRose

Oh Mike sorry to hear you are feeling bad today....I get days like that.....but I get better days too...do you have better days too.Back in my 20's when my depressive illness first started my sister would say to me,try and remember the positve things that have happened in your life and recall your happy memories to help you beat the depression,and I try hard to do this.

Life is hard and many a time I felt not up to dealing with events and stressors,it hurts a lot but we push through and when we make it we get stronger.Some of us are born into a hard life due to circumstances,poverty,living in run down areas,having strict or abusive parents,being in a cycle of tough times,living to exist and survive,survival the only possibility instead of being able to live and thrive and attain our goals and dreams.It seems unfair the cards some of us are dealt.

Also you may be feeling bad and sad mainly because you didn't get enough sleep.Does your sleep fall short most nights,you might just need to catch up with sleep to feel better.When i used to go days without enough sleep at night I didn't feel better and together emotionally until I sleep for hours during the days to make up for loss of rest.

I hope that you can feel better soon,do you have family that is supportive,I know when Ive felt like you do I would have loved someone to cuddle me,hug me and tell me it was going to be ok!

M

MikeYST

Thanks
I’ve been relying on people here for the last two weeks to help
It does

But I’m losing the battle big time again
I have maybe a half day where I can function... but then I backslide further than where I was before

I can’t even breathe in sometimes
I think I’ve worn out the forum friend here.
There just isn’t any good right now or even hope of it coming

I want to believe “ don’t worry it will get better”

But I don’t
I’m still here after 2 weeks but I’m much worse than I was.

mike

T

treasurebox

Know and believe that there will be better days for you. What you are going throuh is not permanent. It will pass.

Music helps me. Music therapy or listening to good and uplifting songs on youtube makes me feel and think better.

Also doing what I love to do which is writing helps me too. What do you love to do? What are you good at? Is it cooking, baking, gardening, doing arts and crafts? Do it and it will make you happy and even be successful.

J

johnny B

Mike, so sorry to hear what you going through.

Ive had times in my life when I’ve felt very low and somehow I’ve found the mental strength to get through it.

one thing I did (maybe it sounds dumb) is look in the mirror and tell myself I love myself over and over.

then I would get some dumb bells and do a number of reps and I would feel pumped mentally and physically. I thought if you start to get through this then at least you will look better shape.

exercise, such as walking also helped and made me sleep better. Gradually I started to see some joy in life not despair. Focusing on external things not just my internal pain helped.

oh and I had a small dog, who listened without judging me and unconditional love and enjoyed the walks 🤗

E

EclipticNight

Another option all be it a cold one is to not care. If there are things happening you cant change that are getting to you trying to just drop it and move on can help. Just giving you all the options i can think of.

S

Sjmillssss

Hey mike your not alone my anxiety depression doesn’t allow me to sleep either sometimes days at a time an when I do sleep it’ll be 2 hours tops I maybe gettin 10 hrs sleep a week tops (not even lying)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Are you taking medication Mike?

If you are feeling worse, it might be worth thinking about it or calling your doctor.

Please write away and don't worry about how much.

Are you getting any sunlight in the mornings? I think we need 20 minutes per day, prefereably daylight on our skin.

Are you taking vitamins like Vit D? I know it isn't a cure for depression but it really helps. If i don't have a walk every other day, the evenings are very difficult. I don't know why, but i need that air and exercise. Without it, it is hard to get through the day.

A

always thirsty

Sometimes it seems so hard
Even breathing seems difficult

I feel like my whole body is shutting down
Doesn’t seem like life should be like that

I’m not strong enough for what I’m going through. Not self pity. I’m not just not able to handle it. Just being honest with myself

I woke up this morning after sleeping an hour.... and I was already crying when I woke
mike
if you think breathing is difficult....wait until you get a good dose of covid. i could barely get a sentence out.

be thankful.

ps - just read the last part of your post and i can sympathise with that. never had sleeping issues until this year. omg i watch the clock go from midnight to 1 am to 2 am to 3 am to 4 am and pray i will get sleep before the sun comes up. it's currrently 1:40 and i am not optomistic about the next few hours. i can't help it and it's so unhealthy to live like this. not to mention, with covid, this is the worst time to acquire unhealthy habits like insomnia.

A

always thirsty

Mike, so sorry to hear what you going through.

Ive had times in my life when I’ve felt very low and somehow I’ve found the mental strength to get through it.

one thing I did (maybe it sounds dumb) is look in the mirror and tell myself I love myself over and over.

then I would get some dumb bells and do a number of reps and I would feel pumped mentally and physically. I thought if you start to get through this then at least you will look better shape.

exercise, such as walking also helped and made me sleep better. Gradually I started to see some joy in life not despair. Focusing on external things not just my internal pain helped.

oh and I had a small dog, who listened without judging me and unconditional love and enjoyed the walks 🤗
this guy is spot on. exercise is the key and we might not want to accept that. hell i busted my wrist and i can't even do push ups atm. but i got a pull up bar for my doorway and it's still in my trunk of car even though i bought it over a week ago. i figure my wrist can handle pull ups bc it's a different kind of pressure even though it's hard to even do one when you are out of shape.

exercise is the solution as hard as it seems bc the further we are from the last time we were healthy, the harder it is to accept this. better than any medication out there. this is proven time and time again.