• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why is it trendy to be hostile these days?

P

Purpleplum

It's trendy because people live too soft of a life today and have nothing better to do.

In the past, people were too busy working hard to spend all their time complaining like babies.

N

Nukelavee

In the past, people were too busy working hard to spend all their time complaining like babies.
Not true. People have always complained, and hostility has always existed.

PArt of why we see it more, is because we interact with more people, even if shallowly, via social media and the like.

Also -I think people feel so stressed out by life and how busy it seems, that being nice or polite is just too much effort - so they decide to be blunt. And a lot of people easily and unconsciously step from blunt to hostile.

P

Purpleplum

Not true. People have always complained, and hostility has always existed.

PArt of why we see it more, is because we interact with more people, even if shallowly, via social media and the like.

Also -I think people feel so stressed out by life and how busy it seems, that being nice or polite is just too much effort - so they decide to be blunt. And a lot of people easily and unconsciously step from blunt to hostile.
Not true. You think people weren't stressed in the past? I know what my generation went through and what my parents went through. My generation was softer than my parents. Today is much softer than it was in mine.

And no, they didn't complain in the way they do today and they didn't act entitled which is where most of the complaining is coming from.

N

Nukelavee

And no, they didn't complain in the way they do today and they didn't act entitled which is where most of the complaining is coming from.
Keep telling yourself that, if it makes you feel better.

But, you are wrong.

G

George10111

Fuck this world man.

G

George10111

I’m done. With all this. Everything . Goodbye. I came back to see if someone had anything good to say in my last moment and some of you did but I just don’t want to love anymore. About to take 3000mg Benadryl. I know some of you will be chanting ‘do it already’ your wish is my command and I guess mine

G

George10111

This is my last post. To those who have been kind and supportive bless you.

R

Rex Smith

It is absolutely Ridiculous. Every time I ask a simple question on Facebook or yahoo, someone comes on and attacks me and turns it around on me. And people gang up on me for asking a simple question or stating a comment. I have to dissect and nit pick everything I say to make sure there isn’t something someone will go off on. People take my words and twist them however they would like and draw their own false, stupid conclusions to condemn me. Either that or people are just indifferent and ignore me. THIS is why I can’t be myself around others. People would have a fun day if that were to happen.
I had to delete my FB account. Everyone on there just wants to fight and it's over the same topics. I don't care what my distance relatives do or did on their vacation or anything else posted.

ht46

ht46

M

Mistral

It is because it is done one-to-one nobody else around. I see people on the bus and train on their smart phones writing from the time they sit down to the time they leave. Many are likely on Facebook conversing with strangers. If they were talking to the stranger next to them on the bus or train, they would not say the things they write on their smart phone because the people around them would hear what they are saying and also the stranger they are talking to could get up and leave if they felt intimidated by anything said or even call for help from another passenger or the driver.

bpd2020

bpd2020

This is my last post. To those who have been kind and supportive bless you.
I am so sad thinking you may have ended your life and this is your last post. I really really hope you are safe.