• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why is it trendy to be hostile these days?

G

George10111

It is absolutely Ridiculous. Every time I ask a simple question on Facebook or yahoo, someone comes on and attacks me and turns it around on me. And people gang up on me for asking a simple question or stating a comment. I have to dissect and nit pick everything I say to make sure there isn’t something someone will go off on. People take my words and twist them however they would like and draw their own false, stupid conclusions to condemn me. Either that or people are just indifferent and ignore me. THIS is why I can’t be myself around others. People would have a fun day if that were to happen.

Antimatter

Antimatter

It isn't trendy... people and standards are just getting worse.

mandy125

mandy125

i feel similar i dont use social networks anymore as i feel there is no privacy in my life perhaps you could find someone to talk to on here that wouldnt belittle or make you feel small all the best x

bpd2020

bpd2020

I think it is the nature of social media. Many people like to cause arguments and upset others as they get a kick out of it. I am really sorry you have had this happen to you.

C

creative20

Social media and the tech world has created a society of oneupmanship, 90% of people live a pathetic existence and this has enabled them to find some power to their deluded minds!

Antimatter

Antimatter

A society that is driven by threat, division and lies from the top down.

C

creative20

Just look at the forces behind wearing these ridiculous masks, you cant go anywhere without people sprinting away from you thinking you have the virus..all this feeds into the minds of the deluded!

C

creative20

Ca n people not see that we are in a period of despotism where the lowest hanging fruit will be picked off first!

Zero One

Zero One

It is absolutely Ridiculous. Every time I ask a simple question on Facebook or yahoo, someone comes on and attacks me and turns it around on me. And people gang up on me for asking a simple question or stating a comment. I have to dissect and nit pick everything I say to make sure there isn’t something someone will go off on. People take my words and twist them however they would like and draw their own false, stupid conclusions to condemn me. Either that or people are just indifferent and ignore me. THIS is why I can’t be myself around others. People would have a fun day if that were to happen.
I think a lot of minds are being quarantined from manners

arodi007

arodi007

sadly it is, i bet it koz of social media, i can no more do a normal discussion on any news site comments section, there too much toxic and trollers. I guess it is reflected on their irl too.

People here are more open minded, it might be koz most of us dont use social media.

Faith198

Faith198

I totally feel you. I feel like everything I do is wrong

Talina

Talina

That’s just how it is on social media. You also miss the social ques when you write things. So a text that someone read can be dissected into many different meanings. It comes down on how people will read the text or question.

Myself have problems interpreting text and questions.

Also when you see things through a screen, you can more easily say hurtful things or nitpick. It’s a bit like you have a barrier and you don’t need to care for what the other person feel. Because it’s out of your sight, out of your mind. It’s easier to not see the other person that can get hurt.

I only use social media to see pictures or follow pets group. I love seeing cute pets but sometimes they can be true nitpicker if you comment anything. For example posting an innocent picture of a person holding my bunny and I will get bashed that bunnies don’t like to be picked up, that they hate being held and so on.

Then there are people that ask questions, you answer nicely and they get all defensive and blow it out of context ☺

P

Purpleplum

It's trendy because it's tolerated. If the hostility wasn't tolerated, they'd go away and others wouldn't follow and do the same.

It's tolerating the hostility that has made it trendy.

G

George10111

Some of these answers here are a little edgy. I wonder if I can ever talk about this without pissing somebody off

G

George10111

I’m sorry. Was in a bad mood