• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why is it so hard to sleep!!

lehcar24

lehcar24

even when im tired i cant sleep.. nights are the worse part of my life too much quiet time to think and no one to talk to.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Its rubbish isn;t it - what you thinking about?

lehcar24

lehcar24

nothing in particular!! my mind just races all the time.. lol i need a new mind or something that will shut it up and i may be able to sleep :)

listening to audiobooks use to help but not anymore.. i'll stay awake all night listening to them ..

what do you do ??

keepsafe

keepsafe

Usually just stare in to space - but mind is racing too much for that at the minute - nothing new like

Audio books are good - yes but if you fall asleep I can never find my place back. I love to read but can't concentrate long enough these days

lehcar24

lehcar24

Im the same.. i tried sleeping pills but so far none have made a difference in fact they kept me more awake as i was constantly thinking about the fact that i took them so i should feel sleepy lol

I hate Nights!! wish tv was better at night :)

keepsafe

keepsafe

I have sleepers but don;t take them all the time cos they stop working - zopiclone do it for me for a few hours - if I am in the mood I can stay in bed sleeping until 12 noon - I plan to go back to bed anyway - maybe have a :tea: I'm thirsty

lehcar24

lehcar24

zopiclone was what i had.. didnt help at all.. xx hope you get some sleep.. :) and enjoy ur :tea: :)

keepsafe

keepsafe

Cheers - not gone anywhere yet - am really thirsty - I think when you get in the mindset of thinking must sleep, must sleep it just becomes impossible sleepers or no sleepers.

Anyway I am not very interesting to talk to at thiss time of the morning - not too sociable anyway most of the time haha - no I am if I try - its a bit early though isn;t it.

keepsafe

keepsafe

Anyway - what do you do with your daytime?? I don;t do anything these days - I clean the house mostly cos of lack of interest in anything really!!!

lehcar24

lehcar24

it is early or late?? lol

worse thing is im trapped in the bedroom if i get up i will wake my grandad up and then he wont go back to sleep lol could well do with a fag right now!!

i take two sugars thanks :)

keepsafe

keepsafe

I'm stuck too - house alarm is on and sleeping partner in other room - really need a drink!!! Two sugars no probs - but you will have to wait until 5am.

lehcar24

lehcar24

during the day i seem to be like a zombie at the moment.. i never wanna talk to anyone i find it hard to go outside anyway.. i need to go to the doctors but i jus cant bring myself to go out.. but i have many jobs to do inside.. i care for my grandad so at least it gives me somethin to do but he cant really comunicate so i feel like im pretty much on my own..

how bout you ? what do you do during the daytime?

keepsafe

keepsafe

Nothing I have been off sick for 16 months and now I am out of work - I try to get motivated but its very hard when you are ill.

Good thing looking after grandad - but don;t forget to look after yourself too - please make an appointment if you really need to go.

lehcar24

lehcar24

i will go i just need to snap out of my current mood.. :)

this is so unfair the dog is by my bed snoring and the cat is at the bottom of the bed fast asleep lol is it strange to be jealous of animals? lolol

this is when i wish there was a chat room on this site.. i always notice people on here late at night early morning.. i guess theres alot of us that cant sleep!

keepsafe

keepsafe

Its ok to be jealous of the lovely sleeping pets LOL

I know there should be a chat room - though its ok to start a thread I suppose

10 minutes till I can get a cup o :tea:
Hurray
Then I really won;t be able to sleep