• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Why is it happening again??

lal10

lal10

I'm getting myself into a panic again, I'm sick of being up one day and down the next, or more usually up one day and down the next hundred! I was so sure yesterday that I would be able to go back to uni next week after I had a nice email from a lecturer that I really like, I was scared I'd be in trouble for being off again but she was understanding and told me what to do. But now I'm panicking about it all! Part of me really wants to go back but part of me is screaming nooooo!! I need to go back, I need the help of the uni MHC for a variety of reasons but can I do it, I just don't know?? I can't see anyone for any support before then, bloody bank holidays, they always come when I need to do something, in this case see my GP. Maybe I could just go and see the MHC on tuesday and not go to lectures, kind of ease my way in?? But the lecture I have is with the lecturer who has given me the most support so I feel I owe her and it would be nice to speak to her too.

God I need to shut my rambling brain up!! The more I think about it the worse I'm going to get!! I was going to do some gardening to calm me down but it's started bloody raining again so I'm stuck inside with my mind racing!!

lal10

lal10

Ok I managed to call uni and book in to see the MHC but there are no appointments until next friday!! Damn it, that leaves me with a world of crap to sort out alone now :( I'm so glad I got the courage call but yet again one step forward 2 steps back!

R

rasselas

A bit of spring rain will do you good. Just put the right clothes on!

Glad you made the call. It was a positive move.

:)

W

warriorprincess

surely you can go to your gp and say it is urgent - you can't wait 3 days feeling like this? if it ever gets desperate out of hours, your a and e would be able to help too. hope you're ok xo

lal10

lal10

Thanks for your replies guys!

I don't know what to think today, one minute I'm up the next I'm down, i'm like 'i can do this, it will be fine' then 'holy ******* hell I can't do this what was I thinking' then back to 'stupid woman, what was I worrying about' and so it goes on....

I came off my meds a few days ago due to side effects so I each day is more of an unknown than usual! I actually felt pretty good yesterday, apart from a concern about people at the empty house next door that were scaring me, but once they went I felt better than I had done in ages. The days before I felt kind of in a dream so everything was a bit numbed which now I kind of want back! I'm getting new meds next week but have nothing for now and am facing going back to uni, am I nuts!!?? I need to see the MHC not just for support with going back but with sorting out my money problems, the appointment with her will tell me who I need to see about getting things done so it worries me that it's going to be ages until I see someone so will have to stall my creditors somehow between now and then, but i'm in this mess as I'm phone phobic in the first place so how am I going to ring them all by myself!!??

I keep thinking about calling my GP, not that that is easy for me, but he wont be able to help me with my money stuff and I can't take any other meds until my old ones are out of my system so I'm not sure it's worth the stress of contacting him and then being no closer to solving everything anyway! :mad: