• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

why is everything soo LOUD

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I find that I am very sensitive to noise when I am hypomanic, but also when I am depressed. It sucks, eh. Can you try ear plugs, if you are needing some peace and quiet? Sometimes if I am feeling sensitive to noise I put in ear plugs and then listen to soothing music with headphones, and then I am totally in my own zone.

Mister.B

Mister.B

I find it helpful to do breathing exercises. I know they sound cliche and pop-psychology, but they really do work for me.

amathus

amathus

Oh yes, noise can be sooo loud and almost unbearable at times. Occasionally eating / having a drink out can make me want to leave, and strangely I can't bear to hear chairs being dragged under tables..altho I think I know why...
My head can feel so sensitive to noise sometimes, yet here I am typing with headphones on, banging out some bass beat dance music stuff... also listening to this type of music really does heighten / lighten my mood... :dance:

qf.

Roscoe

Roscoe

Loud music and headphones. Two of the greatest inventions of the last century. No joke.

T

Topcat

Dunno. Why's everything so slooooooowww?
And why are people such miserable fuckers when they go out to eat??!
:)

loulabelle

loulabelle

yea i guess slowwwww is a problem as for the eating perhaps its because its sooo expensive and all they really want to be doing ih having a take out at home watching bridget jones's diary lol :)

loud stuff yesterday maybe i was hypomanic but im deppresed again today yay for mixed state again i think!!

T

tonimo2020

i noticed this when i went on quetiapine. i was putting away the dishes and it was so loud!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya tonimo and :welcome: to the forum. When you feel confident enough, why don't you start a thread and tell us about you.

Finding things too loud can be a sign of going 'up' not necessarily in a good way. I am on Quetiapine but never had this reaction to it. Must be quite odd.

megirl

megirl

Have had that hypersensitivity whilst hypomanic,
Sight is like amazing notice stuff dont normally, everythings brighter, can see further than usual, and the noise its like 'fuck off and shut up' everyones and everythings so loud,
But all it ends up as me getting agitated and not so well, I know the symptoms now,
so hope some of this helps,
for me things can escalate pretty fast,

magirl

T

tonimo2020

everthing seems quite odd right now. i have had symptoms of bipolar for years. but i have been diagosed with depression only, until just recently. all of this time, i thought that the highs (hypomania) were good and "normal." my whole world has been rocked, relationships are shaky and everything is different. i feel like im constantly hanging on with my fingernails.

calypso

calypso

Admin
I answered on your new thread, but hell do I understand your situation. I was exactly the same but had limited insight until I listened to my family.